2018 Prospect Tyler Friday

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
he would need to RS and add another 30 lbs . to be even consider DT unless Bama is recruiting him for DE. not sure what the plans are for him.
I know we have Jordan Davis and Latu as potential DE even though they are listed as LB.
unless we are changing scheme, I would think end. He screams 4-3, 3-technique.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
We seem to be doing well with the DE/LB/ Jack type guys this cycle. Phil Mathis is 6`4", 300+. R. Davis is 6`7", 300+. One or both of these guys may get a look at sliding inside with Stephon Wynn coming in to probably play inside as well. Of course, we`re still recruiting other DT types so who knows?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
https://247sports.com/Player/Tyler-Friday-86311

He's been under the radar and doesn't get mentioned much regarding our Defensive Line prospects in the 2018 cycle.
He will take his OV this Friday. I feel good that the young man will be coming down from New Jersey and checking out TTown. our last great player came from NJ was Minkah.
Keep an eye on this one.

Anthony Averett is a Jersey native also. I saw today OSU got a CB for Friday. Don't know much about him but he is undersized for a DT. I'm thinking a Johnathan Allen type DE.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Anthony Averett is a Jersey native also. I saw today OSU got a CB for Friday. Don't know much about him but he is undersized for a DT. I'm thinking a Johnathan Allen type DE.
He's pretty much J Allens size out of HS, so I think the plan for him would be DE in our scheme. We put a lot of guys that played DT in HS at DE.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Read an article where Friday said Ohio State is looking at him mainly as a DE but could slide to DT if necessary. Betting that's similar to what Alabama's hoping to do.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
His parents made the trip with him. He is almost 100% crystal balled to Michigan, BUT for a number of reasons that I'm not at liberty to speak on, he may be one to watch.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
6`3", 263 ? He`s a 3/4 DE, not a DT. With Ferrel to the hogs and Barmore iffy on qualifying, its looking as though we may well not sign a pure DT to replace Payne. The kid from IMG will definitely have to go inside, probably along with Davis or Mathis. Johnny Dwight as well ?

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
The latest on Friday after his OV this past weekend was Bama hit a home run. Friday had a great time and his own words " special". Both his parents came with him. that was huge !
furthermore, he will not sign early as anticipated so that can only benefit Alabama. he will wait till February. all the CBs has Michigan as the school to get his signature . we shall see.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
The latest on Friday after his OV this past weekend was Bama hit a home run. Friday had a great time and his own words " special". Both his parents came with him. that was huge !
furthermore, he will not sign early as anticipated so that can only benefit Alabama. he will wait till February. all the CBs has Michigan as the school to get his signature . we shall see.
Do you think us winning the national championship is going to help our chances?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I tell you what. Other than a huckster showman for a head coach, what does Michigan have that we don`t, from a football and " prepare you for the next level " perspective? OK, I`m not saying it`s not a fine school, it is. But please... I admit, I`m prejudiced.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.