Did You Notice This After The Election

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I forgot to add they said I had to change my gender identity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Let's be honest, running Roy Moore was worse than the GOP running Bob Dole or John McCain for President. They were all terrible candidates. The GOP should have withdrawn his name from the ballot and pushed a write in or something.
I read an interesting discussion on why the GOP keeps projecting certain losers into races. I'll see if I can locate it...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Dole and McCain were terrible candidates, but nobody can deny that whatever you thought of their positions on issues, BOTH were eminently qualified to actually BE President. John Kerry was an awful candidate, too, but he was qualified to be President. Dukakis as well.

But this is what happens in multi-candidate fields with a controversial schmuck, too.
Good on pointing out the dichotomy between an electable candidate and a qualified one...

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
That's funny! I still think that's a cultural/regional thing to be honest with you. Detroit & Roy Moore wins, the town gets burned to the ground. Birmingham, and Roy Moore wins, everyone gets up the next morning has a cup of coffee, shakes their heads and go to work/school.
Here in LA, we might have burned down our own city even if RM won there. Except it's fire season, so we can't burn things.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Good on pointing out the dichotomy between an electable candidate and a qualified one...
This has existed at least since the parties went to the primaries as the main delegate source in 1972. Look at all the nominees and regardless of what they came across as or how they ran, every single Prez nominee (excluding the VP nominees) has been qualified on paper except for Trump and (to a lesser extent) Obama. We’ve elected the less experienced candidate in every non-incumbent election since 1976, save for Bush in 1988. Even after Clinton and Bush 43 had served a full term one could still argue that Dole and Kerry had better paper credentials, although doubt resolves against the challengers.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.