Did You Notice This After The Election

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Or in this case Doug Jones.
I guess you're taking up 86's slimy banner...

Care to post all the evil slimy things about Jones? I'm still waiting to see them... for some reason 86 wouldn't supply them. Not saying he's perfect, but other than the "murder babies false narrative" I've yet to see it.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I guess you're taking up 86's slimy banner...

Care to post all the evil slimy things about Jones? I'm still waiting to see them... for some reason 86 wouldn't supply them. Not saying he's perfect, but other than the "murder babies false narrative" I've yet to see it.
the search for decency and truth

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
No businesses were looted and nothing was burned!
That's funny! I still think that's a cultural/regional thing to be honest with you. Detroit & Roy Moore wins, the town gets burned to the ground. Birmingham, and Roy Moore wins, everyone gets up the next morning has a cup of coffee, shakes their heads and go to work/school.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I will grant that I didn't pay that much attention to the minutiae and issues positions (mostly because: a) I'm not an Alabama voter and b) I would have
voted for Jones, hell, Satan himself over Roy Moore).......but from what I'm reading, Jones sounds essentially like the Bill Clinton that was governor of
Arkansas thirty years ago (I'm referring to his issues positions, NOT his political skills).

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Let's be honest, running Roy Moore was worse than the GOP running Bob Dole or John McCain for President. They were all terrible candidates. The GOP should have withdrawn his name from the ballot and pushed a write in or something.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
That's funny! I still think that's a cultural/regional thing to be honest with you. Detroit & Roy Moore wins, the town gets burned to the ground. Birmingham, and Roy Moore wins, everyone gets up the next morning has a cup of coffee, shakes their heads and go to work/school.
Well, Birmingham DOES have an all too painful past with that. (Of course, so does Detroit so.....)

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Well, Birmingham DOES have an all too painful past with that. (Of course, so does Detroit so.....)
Birmingham's past wasn't blacks looting if I recall, it was whites bombing churches and using fire houses and police dogs to "quell" peaceful marches. Maybe I've missed something recently, but I don't recall mass rioting, looting, vandalism or arson in B'ham.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
You're not even living in the same reality as the rest of us. In this reality Tide1986 posted that Jones was such an awful character but would never supply links to back up this statement.

More importantly you're not even using ad hominem correctly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is an argumentative strategy whereby an argument is rebutted by attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.
No substance has been presented to argue against.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Let's be honest, running Roy Moore was worse than the GOP running Bob Dole or John McCain for President. They were all terrible candidates. The GOP should have withdrawn his name from the ballot and pushed a write in or something.
Dole and McCain were terrible candidates, but nobody can deny that whatever you thought of their positions on issues, BOTH were eminently qualified to actually BE President. John Kerry was an awful candidate, too, but he was qualified to be President. Dukakis as well.

But this is what happens in multi-candidate fields with a controversial schmuck, too.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I was walking down the street today when Doug Jones drove up in a van. Charlie Shumner and Nancy Pelosi got out and held me down while Hillary Clinton performed an abortion on me.

I guess I should have voted for Moore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I was walking down the street today when Doug Jones drove up in a van. Charlie Shumner and Nancy Pelosi got out and held me down while Hillary Clinton performed an abortion on me.

I guess I should have voted for Moore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All this time I've thought you were a man........

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.