US Rep Blak Farenthold (R) to "retire"

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Re: US Rep Blake Farenthold (R) to "retire"

we've become the audience in the world's largest reality show.
Animal House for everyone.

If it teaches men in public life a bit about how to behave in relation to the women they work with, I'm okay with it.
While I agree with your sentiment, I have a serious doubt this is the lesson the younger generation is really learning. I fear the lesson is a combination of "everyone is a perv" and "don't get caught". I suppose at least "don't get caught" will make some pause.

I have a hard time imagining George Washington cavorting with scantily clad young women like that.
Not sure what your point is. While I haven't tried imagining that myself, there is enough evidence of founding fathers having children through slaves to make us not look at that time as a golden era of respect for humans, much less sexual morality.

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013

I have a hard time imagining George Washington cavorting with scantily clad young women like that.
Like Ben Franklin wouldn’t have got to them first!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

I imagine his future will be "living in a van down by the river!" Who would hire this moron?

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

Not sure what your point is. While I haven't tried imagining that myself, there is enough evidence of founding fathers having children through slaves to make us not look at that time as a golden era of respect for humans, much less sexual morality.
I have never heard of George Washington fathering a child with a slave. People who knew him saw him as the image of propriety.
Even the infamous alleged Thomas Jefferson fathering of Sally Hemings' children is circumstantial and unproven, although the Monticello Foundation would have you believe it was the only aspect of Jefferson's life that mattered.

I just wish we elected better men to public office.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA

I have never heard of George Washington fathering a child with a slave. People who knew him saw him as the image of propriety.
Even the infamous alleged Thomas Jefferson fathering of Sally Hemings' children is circumstantial and unproven, although the Monticello Foundation would have you believe it was the only aspect of Jefferson's life that mattered.

I just wish we elected better men to public office.
I didn't say GW did. In fact, he didn't even have children with Martha, so that was perhaps not his thing. My point remains, the past is rarely a golden standard though we wish it were.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

I didn't say GW did. In fact, he didn't even have children with Martha, so that was perhaps not his thing. My point remains, the past is rarely a golden standard though we wish it were.
While I would agree that the time is not perfect, I think that george Washington himself was a definite cut above this joker.
For that matter, I'd say John Adams was as well.
And Patrick Henry.
And Nathanael Greene.
And Daniel Morgan.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.