Trump judicial nominee fumbles basic questions about the law/procedure

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
The issue is because of Trump and his war on mainstream media you never know if any previous candidates had similar mishaps because the video wouldn't have been released like this. Not surprising it is a still throwing a tantrum Democrat that released the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
The issue is because of Trump and his war on mainstream media you never know if any previous candidates had similar mishaps because the video wouldn't have been released like this. Not surprising it is a still throwing a tantrum Democrat that released the video.

Yes this is all the media's and Democrat's fault Trump nominated an unqualified person

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I'm guessing that BinB would have been grilled the same with similar results. My question is who is giving these names to Trump in the first place. Trump should relieve them of that responsibility immediately, but unfortunately he probably wont.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I'm guessing that BinB would have been grilled the same with similar results. My question is who is giving these names to Trump in the first place. Trump should relieve them of that responsibility immediately, but unfortunately he probably wont.
I give Brett enough credit to think he would have boned up on this stuff before a hearing, assuming he didn't know it already, which he very well might. What nailed this guy was laziness.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I give Brett enough credit to think he would have boned up on this stuff before a hearing, assuming he didn't know it already, which he very well might. What nailed this guy was laziness.
It's like with a job interview. You have to be prepared to answer questions even if you are good rambler. This guy clearly didn't prepare.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Sigh, not what I said.
TBH. It was pretty incoherent Trump style rambling. So it was pretty hard to get what your point was.

Other than whataboutism, why do you bring Democrats or the media into the discussion? You know that was a republican in the video grilling him right?

Last edited:

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
TBH. It was pretty incoherent Trump style rambling. So it was pretty hard to get what your point was.

Other than whataboutism, why do you bring Democrats or the media into the discussion? You know that was a republican in the video grilling him right?
I think his point was that the video wouldn't have been released if it wasn't for the media vs. Trump stuff.

I mean it's almost as if Trump could order something with Spicy Deli Mustard and it would be blown out of proportion.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
You are probably correct but still BinB would have had to answer with all the same no's to the experience questions.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

First, regardless of who was asking the questions, a Democrat shared the footage, says so in the link.

Second, nowhere in my "incoherent rambling" did I blame anyone else for the appointment, only that embarrassing footage of anything Trump related is being released to the media.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
First, regardless of who was asking the questions, a Democrat shared the footage, says so in the link.

Second, nowhere in my "incoherent rambling" did I blame anyone else for the appointment, only that embarrassing footage of anything Trump related is being released to the media.

Well actually, footage of these proceedings is always available via C-Span and C-Span 2. If a previous president's nominee had similar problems, the video would make the normal rounds.

Want to say it gains more attention due to the overall disliking of Trump? Fine.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Well actually, footage of these proceedings is always available via C-Span and C-Span 2. If a previous president's nominee had similar problems, the video would make the normal rounds.

Want to say it gains more attention due to the overall disliking of Trump? Fine.
I was trying to find a video of it with the c-span logo to make the same point but couldn't and decided to leave it alone.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Probably because the rest of the nation was tired of condescending liberals.

There are plenty of condescending liberals but they're only really scary when amplified by Fox News and Breitbart, etc.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.