2017 Sugar Bowl Prep Thread (Practice Reports, Press Conference Updates, etc.)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Thanks for sharing! There's no way of twisting these numbers. Bad all the way around. No wonder we lost to Auburn!

Also, I couldn't help but notice that the other CFP teams are ranked:

Clemson #10
Georgia #16
OU: #34
The NCAA website has different rankings:

Georgia: #7
Clemson: #10
Oklahoma: #39
Alabama: #54

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
3rd down has been the biggest problem for us since last January against quality opponents. More so on offense than defense but the issues have been there.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
OU is only #34?
The NCAA website has different rankings:

Georgia: #7
Clemson: #10
Oklahoma: #39
Alabama: #54
I wonder why there's the difference. I would assume these "stats" are based on the school's official stats that they share with agencies.

At any rate, still a concern.

Kinda surprised OU is that low...but what's different about them and us is they are more of an explosive offense that scores in spurts with big plays and we need to be more of a ball control offense that keeps the chains moving.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I wonder why there's the difference. I would assume these "stats" are based on the school's official stats that they share with agencies.

At any rate, still a concern.

Kinda surprised OU is that low...but what's different about them and us is they are more of an explosive offense that scores in spurts with big plays and we need to be more of a ball control offense that keeps the chains moving.
Yep - they complete the huge pass plays. Their offense reminds me a lot of Alabama's offense with Sims at QB a few years ago - bombs away!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Just heard that Moses was injured in practice - may miss the playoffs. :frown:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Re: 2017 Chick-Fil-A Bowl Prep Thread (Practice Reports, Press Conference Updates, et

Just hope to high heavens that we don't get any injuries over the next few weeks in practice. If we can avoid those we'll be in good shape come Jan 1..
Well, that didn't happen..

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Basically can’t have Evans or Wilson get hurt and they need to be 100% unlike the Iron Bowl. Evans especially seems to need a blow more than Hamilton, Ragland, or Foster did. Not a great thing to happen.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Are there any middle linebackers left on the roster ? I suppose Holcombe will have to play a lot more now. Let's just hope Mack Wilson is ready to go for the game.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Are there any middle linebackers left on the roster ? I suppose Holcombe will have to play a lot more now. Let's just hope Mack Wilson is ready to go for the game.
Yep. Holcombe is pretty good in nickel/dime but can be a liability in running situations. I think Mack will be ready to go.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Yep. Holcombe is pretty good in nickel/dime but can be a liability in running situations. I think Mack will be ready to go.
Mack and Evans will be the main starters but they will need to take a breather every so often. Just wonder which guys they rotate in ?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.