2018 Prospect: QB James Foster

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He may be a better option for Alabama as he will be more willing to wait 2-3 years to play.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
I agree B1GTide. Personally, I’d take Foster over Jones due to the wait factor. I don’t see Jones waiting 2-3 years to play.

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
Foster didn't do very well in the Miss-Ala all star football game. He was 1 for 10 passing and had an interception.Probably not a good indication of his talent but.....

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Foster didn't do very well in the Miss-Ala all star football game. He was 1 for 10 passing and had an interception.Probably not a good indication of his talent but.....
All star games are toughest for QBs because they have no chemistry with the receivers. I wouldn't read anything into it. Saban is a great judge of talent.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I've seen Foster play in person. He's not a SEC caliber QB. If he comes to Alabama, he'll eventually change positions IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I've seen Foster play in person. He's not a SEC caliber QB. If he comes to Alabama, he'll eventually change positions IMO.
Hmmm, not sure why he would be offered then. You don't need more athletes. Does he play safety?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Hmmm, not sure why he would be offered then. You don't need more athletes. Does he play safety?
He only plays QB, but I believe it's more of a "best athlete on the team" type thing.

Don't get me wrong. He can chunk it. But that's about it. Lanier's offense was him throwing deep and some runs to keep the defense honest. There was very little intermediate passing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Last summer his team won the local 7v7 tournament and then won the Cam Newton 7v7 tournament held in ATL. I saw him play this fall against Prattville and he has a strong arm and can run. Unfortunately, Prattville has a way of making every opposing QB look like a future Heisman winner, so it was hard to tell what the kid is truly capable of doing.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.