Link: UCF RB: "SEC Football, They Don't Have a Lot of Speed, Honestly"

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I expect Auburn to pound them.
Auburn likes to play fast, and they have some fast guys. No contest.

IMO: The good little man doesn't have much of a chance when they play a good bigger man.
The same goes for speed. I expect the Auburn Defense to eat their lunch.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
all that points out is the current difference between east and west divisions. Back when the East was decent, you think Mizzou ever makes it, or better yet, do you think mizzou could even be in the top half of the West?
Yet a good portion of our fanbase still believes Mac is a good coach based on winning the east two years in a row, but loves to hammer Mizzou for doing the exact same thing.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
First, the kid should know better than to run his mouth. But I can see how maybe he would make this mistake in thinking. Relative to everyone else they have played, they have likely been much faster. And with the SEC being talent rich in speed and strength, we may look slower, until you have to play one of us. We just don't have a lot of guys outrunning the competition by miles, because all of the SEC players are fast. Similarly, I used to always say Penn State looked slow, up until you had to try to catch them (maybe it was just their uniforms).

All that said, I hope UCF makes Auburn look silly. SNASS

Last edited:

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
I remember a commentator saying later that week on replay on sports show. He nailed it, he said some guys have fast 40 times on a field with stop watch(lamar) and some kids have speed in games when it really counts(Teague). That was the best line of that year. People to this day swear Lamar was much faster than Teague, and running the 40 he was by the clock. But in a game, on a field with the game on the line, Teague took his lunch money, and punched him in the gut. Game speed, in full pads, under the lights, is what matters, not in shorts from a crouch for a 40 time. To me the best single play in Alabama history, better than the goal line stand. That play ripped their heart out, and showed the world DEFENSE really does win titles. One other moment from that game, one of the linemen or line backers said right after the game when asked when did he know Bama had the game. He said after a few plays that rattled Torreta, he saw fear in his eyes, he knew that second, the game was Bamas. The greatest Alabama NC in my lifetime.
Yeah... I like that quote a lot. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.