B1GTide: Alex Grinch would be ??? at OSU

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Just curious as to where you think Grinch would fit in at OSU, if he comes aboard?

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Re: B!GTide: Alex Grinch would be ??? at OSU

That's a unusual move. Without Schiano leaving, him leaving his DC position at Washington to head for OSU looks like less than a lateral move. But he's an Ohio guy, so maybe he just wants to go home to "Mama". My guess is that he'll be co-coordinator and help in the back end of the defense.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

My take - we were going to fill the 10th coaching position anyway. We are going to lose Schiano - definitely next year, maybe sooner. For now, he would be a co-DC, but he will take over when Schiano leaves.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013

I was curious about any possible backlash in Columbus from the botched UT hire rehashing the Sandusky stuff.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I was curious about any possible backlash in Columbus from the botched UT hire rehashing the Sandusky stuff.
Meyer is solidly behind Schiano and has supported him publicly several times since that happened. In fact, the entire industry supports Schiano in this. His job is very safe at OSU.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.