The Spirit of Christmas

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
As our daughter gets older, my wife and I stress the importance appreciating what one has and of helping others. On Saturday, we took Lily to Arlington National Cemetery to help lay some 240,000 wreaths on the graves there. It was incredible and emotional event, especially when laying a wreath at the grave of a child.

I think we are doing well with Lily. She does not want any presents this year. She's asked only for money so she can give it - along with the money she's saved up on her own - to a charity that helps children.

Blessings to everyone this Christmas.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
As our daughter gets older, my wife and I stress the importance appreciating what one has and of helping others. On Saturday, we took Lily to Arlington National Cemetery to help lay some 240,000 wreaths on the graves there. It was incredible and emotional event, especially when laying a wreath at the grave of a child.

I think we are doing well with Lily. She does not want any presents this year. She's asked only for money so she can give it - along with the money she's saved up on her own - to a charity that helps children.

must be something about my twisted brain but I immediately thought your post would be about the Southpark "Spirit of Christmas" special from 95. Remember my buddy and IT guy at the time starting it to download at 5pm before we left for the day and it being almost done when we came into work the next morning. Had to be early 97 or so. Now it's available on youtube in as long as it takes to google it. Amazing how far we've come in 20 years

but in all seriousness very cool what you and your family is doing. We sponsor a family every year from a secular charity near us with kids around the same age as ours and our kids buy the kids presents with their own money while we buy basics. Bought a bed for a kid this year, all she wanted was her own bed. She got that from us but other stuff from my daughter

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

Well done. They had a huge event in Houston at the Veteran's Cemetery as well. I was going to a field to umpire baseball that is near the Veteran's Cemetery and didn't realize what was happening until later. It was impressive to say the least.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
must be something about my twisted brain but I immediately thought your post would be about the Southpark "Spirit of Christmas" special from 95. Remember my buddy and IT guy at the time starting it to download at 5pm before we left for the day and it being almost done when we came into work the next morning. Had to be early 97 or so. Now it's available on youtube in as long as it takes to google it. Amazing how far we've come in 20 years
I'll have to look that one up .... safely from home.

but in all seriousness very cool what you and your family is doing. We sponsor a family every year from a secular charity near us with kids around the same age as ours and our kids buy the kids presents with their own money while we buy basics. Bought a bed for a kid this year, all she wanted was her own bed. She got that from us but other stuff from my daughter
Thanks. I'm a big proponent of charity at the local (one-to-one) level. It's good for all involved.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I'll have to look that one up .... safely from home.

Thanks. I'm a big proponent of charity at the local (one-to-one) level. It's good for all involved.
agree on the charities I try to stay with the smaller local ones as well.

The Spirit of Christmas is the original SouthPark video that Parker and Stone were paid by a fox exec $2000 to create as a Christmas card for his friends. It is quite possibly the first viral video on the Net as well. It is how Comedy Central found them and got them to create the series. I asked my IT guy for weeks to find a copy and we kept downloading stuff off FTP Servers for weeks until we found a copy. I had nerds from all over coming to watch it in my office as the file was too big to send at the time and of course we didn't have thumb drives that could handle it

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Often it benefits the child giving the gift more than the ones receiving it. I commend you for teaching this to your daughter. Merry Christmas!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.