Who Do We Finish With?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
We are on the cusp of meeting our overall positional needs. IMO. We need one more DB to replace Joseph and that`s certainly likely it appears. On the D line we need Brown. Although I certainly hope we land Friday, if Brown comes aboard, again IMHO, I think we`ve met our needs on the D line. The rest of the slots would be pretty much welcome gravy. Maybe a LB with Petersen almost surely headed to UT?

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
As of now, Bama has no elite RB in the 2018 signing class. So where does that leave us for 2019? If Jacobs has a great year, he'll probably enter the draft early 2019. That leaves Najee Harris, Brian Robinson, Xavier Mapp?, and 3 star Jerome Ford. Are there any 4 or 5 star RB commits for 2019? Am I missing anyone?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I see two JUCO DL we were after at one point have yet to sign or commit - Caleb Tremblay and Emmit Gooden.

We might have to look at one of them to fill our DL needs with so many of our previous DL targets already signed.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
As of now, Bama has no elite RB in the 2018 signing class. So where does that leave us for 2019? If Jacobs has a great year, he'll probably enter the draft early 2019. That leaves Najee Harris, Brian Robinson, Xavier Mapp?, and 3 star Jerome Ford. Are there any 4 or 5 star RB commits for 2019? Am I missing anyone?
Tre Sanders a five star Rb is committed for 2019 class. I would think we would sign at least one more as well.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I see two JUCO DL we were after at one point have yet to sign or commit - Caleb Tremblay and Emmit Gooden.

We might have to look at one of them to fill our DL needs with so many of our previous DL targets already signed.
Well, with the latest news on Brown and his test scores, we`d better get somebody else!

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

It was my impression there was mutual disinterest with Tremblay and that he was all of the sudden enamored with staying home at USC or UCLA. Not sure about Gooden.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
What a roller coaster ride, especially on the D line. D 1 quality guys aren`t that plentiful to start with. When you start having to combine the athletic ability with qualifying, you can really cut into the numbers of those available. Missing on Coinis Miller may have really hurt.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
What a roller coaster ride, especially on the D line. D 1 quality guys aren`t that plentiful to start with. When you start having to combine the athletic ability with qualifying, you can really cut into the numbers of those available. Missing on Coinis Miller may have really hurt.
Yep and the '18 class was very slim on high quality D1 DT's.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
That is very interesting regarding Miller. Something is not adding up,why would our coaches waste time trying to recruit a kid they would be telling this.
Sounds like fake news to me...maybe got challenged and took it the wrong way. IDK, if Coach wants him then whatever damage that has been done can be easily corrected through a short conversation with Saban. That is assuming that he has the quality character we recruit to the Capstone of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.