Who Do We Finish With?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I have read more than once he and Jackson are possible flips.
Well, however many flip, that`s additional slots in the equation I suppose. Somewhere along the way ( JUCO maybe? ) I sure wish we could dredge up a for sure qualifier or two for the inside of the D line. Barmore and Brown have me concerned, I truly hope for no good reason and I`m just eeyoring it, for next year.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Well, however many flip, that`s additional slots in the equation I suppose. Somewhere along the way ( JUCO maybe? ) I sure wish we could dredge up a for sure qualifier or two for the inside of the D line. Barmore and Brown have me concerned, I truly hope for no good reason and I`m just eeyoring it, for next year.
Barmore isn't as bad as everyone initially thought. he does need help , but as mentioned before a plan is in place for him to succeed. the rest is up to him. Brown need some work, but there is time.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I think we'll be fine at DE. If Mathis slides inside, Dwight comes along and either (obviously preferably both ) Brown or Barmore qualify, we should be OK on the inside as well. If somehow Thompson came aboard, we would have all sorts of flexibility and depth on the D line. Needs would be more than met if this all happened, IMO.
Don't forget Ray. he has the body frame to gain good weight and play inside ( 6'5 272 lbs). staff prefers he stay at DE, but if push comes to shove, Ray will be call upon.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
that looks about right. the OV for Surtain will go a long way on his decision .
I think Surtain goes to LSWho. I read somewhere that Surtain's father is his HS coach and the principal at the school still hates Saban for the way he left the Dolphins (declined to let Saban land his helicopter). I hope that Surtain and his father don't hold that against us but you never know.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
I think Surtain goes to LSWho. I read somewhere that Surtain's father is his HS coach and the principal at the school still hates Saban for the way he left the Dolphins (declined to let Saban land his helicopter). I hope that Surtain and his father don't hold that against us but you never know.
Sounds right I think he is headed for LSU,Campbell to UGA,and we get Stuart as well as Smith.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Our class ranking has slipped to 10th on Rivals( we were at 6th place just a few weeks ago iirc)Is this mainly attributable to the size of this class or missing on top targets, and what ranking do you think we will be at a month from now? Even Oklahoma is ranked ahead of us(which I don’t ever remember seeing in the Saban years).

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Our class ranking has slipped to 10th on Rivals( we were at 6th place just a few weeks ago iirc)Is this mainly attributable to the size of this class or missing on top targets, and what ranking do you think we will be at a month from now? Even Oklahoma is ranked ahead of us(which I don’t ever remember seeing in the Saban years).
We still have 8 slots to fill and when those 8 slots are filled we will be top 3 even with our limited numbers. OU will not be ranked higher.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
yes and yes. Bama will finish strong with mostly 4 or 5 stars and end up in the Top 4 or 5 range for 2018 .

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Part of that can be attributed to teams getting commits at All-Star games. We didn't get any. The guys Bama is after aren't announcing until NSD.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
My dream finish:

Bobby Brown DT
Quay Walker LB
Patrick Surtain Jr CB
Tyson Campbell CB
Isaac Taylor-Stewart CB
Michael Thompson DT
Jaylen Wadde WR
Justyn Ross WR
Nicholas Petit-Frere OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.