Who Do We Finish With?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Today is the end of the dead period, correct? I suppose this board will be heating up going into the weekend. I still think there are some surprises in store for the Tide.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Today is the end of the dead period, correct? I suppose this board will be heating up going into the weekend. I still think there are some surprises in store for the Tide.
Looks like a few more names have come out in the last couple of days. Not sure if that means the staff feels like some of the original targets are headed elsewhere or if a couple of the committed kids will be flipping to open up a spot or two.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Yep. The staff is on the road today visiting a lot of high profile guys. We should be getting some responses from the recruits/parents/recruiting sites over the weekend.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
So with those who have signed/on campus, what are the remaining numbers left? I'm assuming its between 6-8 spots?

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Believe me, there is room for Thompson and every other TOP defensive player we can land. We have a critical need on the D Line and in the D backfield especially. In fact, there may be a JUCO or two come into the fold before the 7th. We are fairly set everywhere else.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
So with those who have signed/on campus, what are the remaining numbers left? I'm assuming its between 6-8 spots?
I think it is 7 or 8 spots. Damien coming back may have changed the #.

There is always going to be 1-2 surprise signees, so someone not on somebody's list (Thompson) does not mean we won't sign them.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
I think it is 7 or 8 spots. Damien coming back may have changed the #.

There is always going to be 1-2 surprise signees, so someone not on somebody's list (Thompson) does not mean we won't sign them.
D. Harris coming back will not change the #

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Is below a fairly comprehensive list of whom we could finish with and who is missing that may be in it? With only 8 spots left it looks like we can finish pretty strong.

Committed Unsigned
Bobby Brown DT
Quay Walker LB
Vernon Jackson ATH
Michael Parker TE

Targets
Patrick Surtain Jr CB
Tyson Campbell CB
Isaac Taylor-Stewart CB
Michael Thompson DT
Tyler Friday DT
Jaylen Wadde WR
Jacob Copeland WR
Justyn Ross WR
Nicholas Petit-Frere OT
Penei Sewell OT
Malik Langham DE
James Foster QB
Justin Watkins WR
JJ Peterson LB
Casey Rogers DE
Eddie Smith CB

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Is below a fairly comprehensive list of whom we could finish with and who is missing that may be in it? With only 8 spots left it looks like we can finish pretty strong.

Committed Unsigned
Bobby Brown DT
Quay Walker LB
Vernon Jackson ATH
Michael Parker TE

Targets
Patrick Surtain Jr CB
Tyson Campbell CB
Isaac Taylor-Stewart CB
Michael Thompson DT
Tyler Friday DT
Jaylen Wadde WR
Jacob Copeland WR
Justyn Ross WR
Nicholas Petit-Frere OT
Penei Sewell OT
Malik Langham DE
James Foster QB
Justin Watkins WR
JJ Peterson LB
Casey Rogers DE
Eddie Smith CB
We have two other QB targets in Purdy and the kid committed to AZ.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Assuming Brown and Jackson sign, that leaves us with 6 spots left.

My guess for who we need rather than want would be Surtain, Smith at the corner positions.

Thompson for the DL, Ross and Copeland at WR and a quarterback.

I have put together a depth chart for positional groups that I will post after signing day, but we are very loaded at Sam and Jack linebacker. As many know we need a few more DL and Corners for this class.

IMO I wouldn’t be surprised to see Jarez Parks who was listed at 255 grow into a DE this spring now that he’s in Cochran’s program.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I think we'll be fine at DE. If Mathis slides inside, Dwight comes along and either (obviously preferably both ) Brown or Barmore qualify, we should be OK on the inside as well. If somehow Thompson came aboard, we would have all sorts of flexibility and depth on the D line. Needs would be more than met if this all happened, IMO.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Excited to see how this class finishes now that we won the NC. I know every team has needs and players want playing time but winning the playoff every other year isn't a bad pitch.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Assuming Brown and Jackson sign, that leaves us with 6 spots left.

My guess for who we need rather than want would be Surtain, Smith at the corner positions.

Thompson for the DL, Ross and Copeland at WR and a quarterback.

I have put together a depth chart for positional groups that I will post after signing day, but we are very loaded at Sam and Jack linebacker. As many know we need a few more DL and Corners for this class.

IMO I wouldn’t be surprised to see Jarez Parks who was listed at 255 grow into a DE this spring now that he’s in Cochran’s program.
I'm very interested to see what Parks can do.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Also have heard that Quay Walker will likely not end up signing with Alabama, so that will open up another spot.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
When and where did you hear about this? I heard also but it was a while back and thinking he may be less likely now.
I've read a few places that feel that way. He was in Knoxville this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.