Avoid Memphis - Confederate statues coming down

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Re: Dedications over Time of Union Monuments in Five States

The Confederate Constitution of March 1861 also contained these provisions:
so what? i provided a link to the entire document and provided a sub-quote that was relevant to my post. pretty nefarious of me. the point is they made sure to enshrine in their constitution that an entire group of people would be un-able to govern themselves because they would be property. but at least they would have been owned by honorable gents. if you want to call that a pre-determined conclusion and pretend that you (or at least your historically accurate viewpoint) are the object of hate, have at it.

and another bunch of history half-wits strike again, this time in texas.

Confederate plaque removed from Texas state Capitol

A Confederate plaque has been taken down from the Texas state Capitol after a bipartisan effort from lawmakers to have it removed.

State officials on the Preservation Board voted unanimously on Friday to remove the “Children of the Confederacy Creed” that claimed that slavery was not the root cause of the Civil War.

Last edited:

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007

I just want the Dukes of Hazzard back on the air.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

I just want the Dukes of Hazzard back on the air.
If they do the General Lee will be renamed the General McClellan and the confederate flag replaced with a bugle sounding retreat. Fine with me as long as they don't change Daisy Duke.:smile:

Edit - a little clarification

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Two Members of “Heirs to the Confederacy” Group Charged With Vandalizing UNC Slave Memorial With Urine, Racial Slurs

Police for the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill have arrested two members of a group called Heirs to the Confederacy for allegedly defacing a slave memorial on campus with racist graffiti.

Police charged Nancy Rushton McCorkle, 50, and Ryan Francis Barnett, 31, with vandalism and ethnic intimidation on Monday, according to UNC police. Barnett was also charged with public urination, and both were charged with larceny for stealing a university flag.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
or the Confederacy in general.
What I don’t get is why we ( some) are we so infatuated in absolving ancestors fighting 150 years ago fighting a war that was politically about the right to own another human being, but we have no issues condemning our ancestors 500 years ago doing the same thing to the Aztecs.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
What I don’t get is why we ( some) are we so infatuated in absolving ancestors fighting 150 years ago fighting a war that was politically about the right to own another human being, but we have no issues condemning our ancestors 500 years ago doing the same thing to the Aztecs.
ut oh, here come all the States Rights! States Rights! arguments*

*that always seem to ignore that yes it was about States Rights, the State's Right to let their citizens own human beings

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
ut oh, here come all the States Rights! States Rights! arguments*

*that always seem to ignore that yes it was about States Rights, the State's Right to let their citizens own human beings
Yep. I guess while we are at it the majority of the Nazis should’ve been absolved because the Treaty of Versailles nearly destroyed Germany, and the Nazis’s main goal were to overturn the Stipulations of Versailles and not necessarily to kill Jews.

Blue font

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Funny how a state that goes to war over states rights wants to micromanage what every town in Alabama does.

Want to ban plastic bags in your city? Won’t be able to do so soon.

https://www.cbs42.com/news/local/la...a-cities-from-banning-plastic-bags/1912014612

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Next is wresting control over pet stores from cities and turning it over to the Ag department (already paralyzed by lack of resources), in order to keep cities from outlawing puppy mills. Our legislators don't waste any time in going low, once they get to Montgomery...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.