Game Thread: OFFICIAL GAME THEAD: Bama vs. Texas...

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
When are we going to realize we are just an average team at best - sorry to be negative, but we have been looking for some breakout something for years. Loosing by 16 points to Texas is not indicative of a good team. Beating Mercer by 1 point with 10 days off to prepare is not a good team.
Sorry to be blunt, but this team is not average. Results will improve, It’s requiring a little more time for so many new guys trying to play together. Relax, we win tomorrow and it will change all your negative opinions. We’ve been waiting for years because we haven’t had the talent.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
we are 8-4.. at best i figured maybe 9-3 at this point. some of your expectations were too high. our freshman, despite what you may think, arent the fab 5. we are better than last year. And we will continue to get better each year. Recruiting is great. Lets wait and see how we do in tourney play before we judge. 8-4 isnt bad considering our schedule. having said that, CAJ does need to make some decisions on the rotation. I think he will for SEC play

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
When are we going to realize we are just an average team at best - sorry to be negative, but we have been looking for some breakout something for years. Loosing by 16 points to Texas is not indicative of a good team. Beating Mercer by 1 point with 10 days off to prepare is not a good team.
Not going to guarantee anything. Basketball is a team sport, but we are a team of some young, dynamic players. There is no comparing the amount of talent on this team to previous years, especially under Grant.

Again, great talent doesn't guarantee a great team, but in most cases, you can't have a great team without great talent. So time will tell if we develop, but the talent is there and if it comes together, we should be a tournament team.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Hope you are right but it just does not matter if the results are the same. And right now nothing says they are not going to be just that.It is going to take some massive improvement- on the court and and the sideline for that to occur.
Not going to guarantee anything. Basketball is a team sport, but we are a team of some young, dynamic players. There is no comparing the amount of talent on this team to previous years, especially under Grant.

Again, great talent doesn't guarantee a great team, but in most cases, you can't have a great team without great talent. So time will tell if we develop, but the talent is there and if it comes together, we should be a tournament team.

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
we are 8-4.. at best i figured maybe 9-3 at this point. some of your expectations were too high. our freshman, despite what you may think, arent the fab 5. we are better than last year. And we will continue to get better each year. Recruiting is great. Lets wait and see how we do in tourney play before we judge. 8-4 isnt bad considering our schedule. having said that, CAJ does need to make some decisions on the rotation. I think he will for SEC play
You were right, rotations looked less sporadic tonight compared to last game or two, though we did have maybe two spells when we didn’t have a scorer on the floor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
thank goodness. I had the game on but was halfway watching it and doing some other things. I really think settling on our rotation will make all the difference in getting us into the tourney. i think an 8 man rotation with a flex type guy as a 9th guy off the bench is perfect for what we have.

You were right, rotations looked less sporadic tonight compared to last game or two, though we did have maybe two spells when we didn’t have a scorer on the floor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.