Let’s Talk About Georgia/Oklahoma

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
He is a Senior who hands down won the Heisman trophy and has other weapons on offense. Georgia starts a true freshman QB.That will be the difference. Oklahoma will hang 35 on the Dawgs with no issue.
Marcus Mariota was a junior who hands down won a Heisman Trophy and had other weapons on offense.
Ohio State started a THIRD-STRING quarterback as a redshirt sophomore, who didn't start until the Big Ten title game.

Oh, and Oregon had a better defense than Oklahoma does this year....

They got 20 against Ohio State....keep in mind that Ohio State turned the ball over FOUR TIMES and STILL wiped the floor with them.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
So, on fox and espn we have heard Baker Mayfield is "a little under the weather" to he has missed team functions and "will he play?"

Sounds like they are setting up hero status for "playing sick" or excuse for losing.
It could also be a little bit of gamesmanship being played , I would guarantee that Mayfield does not miss this game

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
It could also be a little bit of gamesmanship being played , I would guarantee that Mayfield does not miss this game

I agree he definitely will play. I'm just saying the media is doing what they do.

He'll be a hero player because he won even though he was the sickest any football player has ever been.
If they lose it was well BM was sick ala Colt excuse.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
They probably already have a slide queued up in their "Best Flu Games" meme.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
So, on fox and espn we have heard Baker Mayfield is "a little under the weather" to he has missed team functions and "will he play?"

Sounds like they are setting up hero status for "playing sick" or excuse for losing.
I wonder if he had an overzealous crotch grab.....that caused his sickness.....

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
After listening to halftime reports, it's my opinion this is all OU's doing.
He has missed press events and some sponsors meat eating contest.??
Excuses were he was under weather, he was fighting a cold, he was a little sick.
But he has missed ZERO football team activity or practices.

I think they are just resting him from the time and efforts all the Heisman award events take.
That and keeping him from running his mouth to the press.

wishbonesooner

1st Team
Jun 26, 2001
Shawnee, OK USA
I hope all my Tide friends had a wonderful Christmas. I certainly did, and was blessed by having my first great grandchild there for his first Christmas. I have read all the comments, all I can say is I have no idea how this will play out. One thing that hasn't been mentioned, Lincoln Riley is a great offensive mind, he has shown a real ability to make adjustments, usually not huge ones, but mostly small things to counter a defense. This is Lincoln Riley's team, not Baker Mayfield's. You know that I want a Bama/OU title game. The big boys in college football should show the country how it's done. Good Luck against Clemson.

BOOMER SOONER ROLL TIDE

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
I hope all my Tide friends had a wonderful Christmas. I certainly did, and was blessed by having my first great grandchild there for his first Christmas. I have read all the comments, all I can say is I have no idea how this will play out. One thing that hasn't been mentioned, Lincoln Riley is a great offensive mind, he has shown a real ability to make adjustments, usually not huge ones, but mostly small things to counter a defense. This is Lincoln Riley's team, not Baker Mayfield's. You know that I want a Bama/OU title game. The big boys in college football should show the country how it's done. Good Luck against Clemson.

BOOMER SOONER ROLL TIDE
Congrats on your grandchild, may we both see our teams in the grand finale

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Hey Wishbone....I bet you are like me and miss the 'bone. Anyway....the Rose Bowl was full of warriors last night. No losers to be found. Even my wife couldn't stop watching that game, and she is sick of football this time of year. If you can find a game where an irate woman enjoys watching...then that is a feat. But you guys have an awesome program. But I miss the running days. Things change. But the main message here is on the birth of your Grandson. Many many good laughs coming your way Bro. Please accept my congrats and a figurative cigar!

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Have watched a lot of video the last 24 hrs of both Georgia D and the Sooner O. More convinced than ever this could be an OU rout. OU uses a ton of misdirection and so many weapons on O pretty much forces the D to focus on the one that it thinks will hurt them the least. Roquan Smith is very good but he did get beat badly at times and was out of position a lot against Mizzou and Auburn part 1. Interestingly also I thought was that he and Mayfield ( who I assume that RS will be spying) are almost the exact same height and weight.

Both ND and the barn showed that the vaunted dawg run game with Michel/Chubb can be slowed down. OU D is used to playing a lot of snaps and I think will perform better than has been expected by most on here.
So, how do you feel, now, about that Oklahoma defense?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.