Early look at 2019 class

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
After the misses at WR this year are there any guys in 2019 to start watching?
Waddle is a home run not misses. Williams was taken over pope etc in south Florida. Ross was a miss but with the current talent and last class was going to make it tough to get a lot of high profile guys. Watch out for Lee (Louisiana), Ladsen (South Florida).

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Waddle is a home run not misses. Williams was taken over pope etc in south Florida. Ross was a miss but with the current talent and last class was going to make it tough to get a lot of high profile guys. Watch out for Lee (Louisiana), Ladsen (South Florida).
I agree that Ross was a miss but it would have been a plus. We lose 3 WR's this year and we signed 3 so no harm no foul. I believe I read we will have 10 WR's on scholarship next year which is a little high.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
We currently have 4 commits in the '19 class. We have a 5* OL from Hewitt Trussville in Birmingham and 3 other highly rated 4* players. We had two recent decommits in 5* #1 RB and #1 OG who we still will be heavily pursuing. There are two other highly rated OL in Alabama in Webb and Kight. Let's keep these 4 and let the revamped staff go out and bring in another #1 class.

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Season/2019-Football/Commits/Preview

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Al.com looks at the in-state best of 2019.

Here.
There are several tweeners in this class. Some will have to have a good camp for us to really go after.

We currently have 4 commits in the '19 class. We have a 5* OL from Hewitt Trussville in Birmingham and 3 other highly rated 4* players. We had two recent decommits in 5* #1 RB and #1 OG who we still will be heavily pursuing. There are two other highly rated OL in Alabama in Webb and Kight. Let's keep these 4 and let the revamped staff go out and bring in another #1 class.

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Season/2019-Football/Commits/Preview
Quick, Webb, and Kight are must haves.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
There are several tweeners in this class. Some will have to have a good camp for us to really go after.

I agree. Quick is already committed and seems very solid. I have heard Webb is a Bama lean. Hopefully Taulia and Kight stay together at Bama.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Here is a 247sports article on in-state players. We have 11 in the top 250 this year as compared to 7 last year. The class is loaded in the OL. Clay Webb is a stud (see video) and we have all 9 CB's right now for him. I am now a big fan of the Jackson-Olin Birmingham LB Vonta Bentley.

https://247sports.com/Article/11-from-Alabama-make-updated-class-of-2019-Top247-rankings-114498506
I'll have some opportunities to see Clay play coming up, I'm going to make an out of my way trip to watch Taulia play next year. Hopefully we can lock down some of this instate talent

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

I do not disagree. Our competition will be waving our O line depth chart in their faces absolutely as hard as they can, I would think. Having said that, I admit I haven`t gone to the charts to see how many we`ll definitely ( seniors ) and most probably ( juniors ) lose after this season

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I do not disagree. Our competition will be waving our O line depth chart in their faces absolutely as hard as they can, I would think. Having said that, I admit I haven`t gone to the charts to see how many we`ll definitely ( seniors ) and most probably ( juniors ) lose after this season
2018 roster:

5 seniors
3 redshirt juniors
1 junior (Jonah)
3 redshirt sophomores
2 sophomores
2 redshirt freshmen
2 freshmen

Personally, don't see how a team can use that against us. The two sophomores are most likely gone after their junior year.

The 2019 OL class is looking at having 12 guys on the team upon arrival with at least 5 on their way after the 2019 season.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
2018 roster:

5 seniors
3 redshirt juniors
1 junior (Jonah)
3 redshirt sophomores
2 sophomores
2 redshirt freshmen
2 freshmen

Personally, don't see how a team can use that against us. The two sophomores are most likely gone after their junior year.

The 2019 OL class is looking at having 12 guys on the team upon arrival with at least 5 on their way after the 2019 season.
Counterpoint: they're 18/19yo high schoolers who have soft brains. :D

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Blow up in a positive or negative way, as it pertains to us?
I believe RTO is saying he is going to blow-up on the national stage and he will move up the rankings a lot. I saw his junior tape and he is all over the place like Reuben Foster and Foster is his favorite player. We are in the drivers seat.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Since we obviously will take at least one QB who is it? Tua's brother or CPB's great grandson. This ought to lead to some heated discussions on here toward the end of next season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.