Early look at 2019 class

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
2018 roster:

5 seniors
3 redshirt juniors
1 junior (Jonah)
3 redshirt sophomores
2 sophomores
2 redshirt freshmen
2 freshmen

Personally, don't see how a team can use that against us. The two sophomores are most likely gone after their junior year.

The 2019 OL class is looking at having 12 guys on the team upon arrival with at least 5 on their way after the 2019 season.
A far more informed observation than mine. Thanks RTR.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
The question is will both really come here? And how good are they?
Bama is an early favorite for both, I think there's a very good possibility we could get both. As far as how good they are, they are both very talented QBs. They both have offers from the major college football programs. They'll certainly have their pick where to go. Both are currently ranked in the top 8 in pro style qb rankings in the nation.
https://247sports.com/Season/2019-F...?InstitutionGroup=highschool&PositionGroup=QB

Last edited:

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
Bama is an early favorite for both, I think there's a very good possibility we could get both. As far as how good they are, they are both very talented QBs. They both have offers from the major college football programs. They'll certainly have their pick where to go. Both are currently ranked in the top 8 in pro style qb rankings in the nation.
https://247sports.com/Season/2019-F...?InstitutionGroup=highschool&PositionGroup=QB
That's great. But what if we had to choose?

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
That's great. But what if we had to choose?
Hands down and without hesitation...if you can get a kid by the name of Tagovailoa on your roster then sign him up immediately. If you have two of them then you are set for some awesome QB play for sometime to come. I had only seen Tua play sparingly at the Capstone the night Thompson rolled into the Met to play the Hoover Bucs. Thompson has won only one game in that series history...the night I saw how good a Tagovailoa could be in highschool. Taulia is awesome! He is a must take.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Yea, I'm just curious to see if they will both still be considered Bama leans if one or the other commits. I'm also curious where the end up being ranked in relation to one another once the rankings get worked out a little bit more. IIRC Tua made a big push towards the end of his recruitment by really improving and showing out in camps so I'm curious to see if his brother takes a similar path.

Overall, I have to watch them but from what I've read they are pretty different types of players. Tyson is the more traditional tall, big, pocket passer guy while Taulia is similar to his brother as he is undersized, quick release, big arm, mobile but small. Also, read he just has a knack for making plays which also seems very similar to Tua.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Yea, I'm just curious to see if they will both still be considered Bama leans if one or the other commits. I'm also curious where the end up being ranked in relation to one another once the rankings get worked out a little bit more. IIRC Tua made a big push towards the end of his recruitment by really improving and showing out in camps so I'm curious to see if his brother takes a similar path.

Overall, I have to watch them but from what I've read they are pretty different types of players. Tyson is the more traditional tall, big, pocket passer guy while Taulia is similar to his brother as he is undersized, quick release, big arm, mobile but small. Also, read he just has a knack for making plays which also seems very similar to Tua.
Taulia will more than likely be Bamas primary qb target, I think his rankings will probably increase after this year. Tyson I feel will improve his stock as well, but it will be important how the staff handles the recruiting if both at the same time. With possibly a more aggressive recruiting staff in place, I think we can get both . However, I couldn't blame one if they felt the need to be in a separate program than the other.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Taulia will more than likely be Bamas primary qb target, I think his rankings will probably increase after this year. Tyson I feel will improve his stock as well, but it will be important how the staff handles the recruiting if both at the same time. With possibly a more aggressive recruiting staff in place, I think we can get both . However, I couldn't blame one if they felt the need to be in a separate program than the other.
I think they both want to come to Bama and I am hopeful that happens.

What is crazy is that four of our biggest targets, QB Taulia and OT Kight at Thompson and QB Tyson and OT Quick at Hewitt Trussville, are teammates.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there

What is crazy is that four of our biggest targets, QB Taulia and OT Kight at Thompson and QB Tyson and OT Quick at Hewitt Trussville, are teammates.
Yeah that's rare, maybe they decide it's time to join forces:)

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006

Isn't Quick basically a lock?

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

I saw that when trying to find if there were other recruits at both schools yesterday. Getting all 4 would be pretty wild.

For those who know, should we assume that the staff likes Taulia and Tyson over Bo Nix? or was Bo just always an Auburn kid and we didn't bother much?

Really what I want to know is if we weigh the fact that Taulia is Tua's brother and Tyson is related to Bear Bryant or if we genuinely rate them very highly? Not that I doubt they are both good. Both look good to my untrained eyes (Tyson in particular impressed me when watching some Hudl tape).

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
I saw that when trying to find if there were other recruits at both schools yesterday. Getting all 4 would be pretty wild.

For those who know, should we assume that the staff likes Taulia and Tyson over Bo Nix? or was Bo just always an Auburn kid and we didn't bother much?

Really what I want to know is if we weigh the fact that Taulia is Tua's brother and Tyson is related to Bear Bryant or if we genuinely rate them very highly? Not that I doubt they are both good. Both look good to my untrained eyes (Tyson in particular impressed me when watching some Hudl tape).
Bo is an Auburn guy..(go figure , a Bo to Auburn right?) . I think the staff really likes Taulia and Tyson. They are very solid players. I'm quite sure we would pursue both without any previous relationships considering their 247 sports pro qb rankings in their respective class. . I think Taulia and Tyson share offers from Michigan and Notre Dame as well...their offer list will increase greatly . I think it may work out well that we didn't sign a qb in this class (not counting barker). Next year's class is ripe for qb recruits.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Speaking of ILB we are in good shape with the #1 ILB in the nation but he is from MS so it will be tough to get him out of state.

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/alabama-crimson-tide-recruiting-nakobe-dean-top-2-lsu-tigers

I am also attaching an article about our RB targets. The Crouch kid from NC fits our mold.

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/alabama-recruiting-question-running-back-targets-2019-class
He looks impressive. I don't know much about (or anything) about HS football or the level of play in different areas but he looks like a man among boys. He basically tackles a Safety or LB on one of his TD runs. At first I was really confused and thought I was watching him take a rep on defense because the hit was so hard.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I would not be surprised to see one of them, possibly Tyson, go elsewhere. The pressure and expectations at Alabama plus being CPB's great grandson would be stifling.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
I would not be surprised to see one of them, possibly Tyson, go elsewhere. The pressure and expectations at Alabama plus being CPB's great grandson would be stifling.
we have offered several QBs recently.....we are not just honing in on those two.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.