Early look at 2019 class

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
We are going to hit LA hard this year. look for [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Arial, sans-serif] Travis Jones to be the new hire by this weekend. Also, We are going to be giving out offers to every position i.e. QB until we get our numbers or our guys. This is about to be a lot of fun. Remember the name Stephenson from S.Florida [/FONT]

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Also the number one Kicker is from Hoover and will commit in the summer at camp unless Jeff Banks sees him kick live.
I'm assuming with a grad transfer coming in this year and us offering the Hoover kid that Bulovas may no longer be on a scholarship next year.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I don't think we should make that jump just yet.
At what point do you though? He didn't play last year, which was already a bad sign when your scholarship kicker doesn't kick (the last couple times I recall that happening ended up in a bumpy ride, between famous missed kicks to not kicking at all). But with the grad student coming in... if Alabama offers another guy I just can't imagine saving a scholarship for Bulovas.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
At what point do you though? He didn't play last year, which was already a bad sign when your scholarship kicker doesn't kick (the last couple times I recall that happening ended up in a bumpy ride, between famous missed kicks to not kicking at all). But with the grad student coming in... if Alabama offers another guy I just can't imagine saving a scholarship for Bulovas.
he's got this year, IMO. The grad kicker is not on scholarship and it won't be until 2019 until any new kicker is put on scholarship (if we even get one).

UAllday

3rd Team
Jan 17, 2018
he's got this year, IMO. The grad kicker is not on scholarship and it won't be until 2019 until any new kicker is put on scholarship (if we even get one).
Correct me if I'm wrong. You can not save his scholarship if he is already on one. I don't believe you can take his scholarship just because of underwhelming performance on the field. I know there are ways to "push" them out but outright pulling the scholarship is not allowed.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Correct me if I'm wrong. You can not save his scholarship if he is already on one. I don't believe you can take his scholarship just because of underwhelming performance on the field. I know there are ways to "push" them out but outright pulling the scholarship is not allowed.
Since Alabama now does four year scholarships, that is correct.

However, RTO was referencing the grad-transfer from Temple. He's going to be a walk-on.

UAllday

3rd Team
Jan 17, 2018
Since Alabama now does four year scholarships, that is correct.

However, RTO was referencing the grad-transfer from Temple. He's going to be a walk-on.
Quoted wrong text. Was responding to same post he was.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Speaking of ILB we are in good shape with the #1 ILB in the nation but he is from MS so it will be tough to get him out of state.
Mississippi won't be as hard to pull kids from soon as Ole Siss will be horrid for a while and MSU is fixing to go downhill too.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
Here is an article on our 2019 commits. Each is ranked in the top 120 and we are currently #2 class. Long way to go obviously but this start is a good sign we will take back our #1 spot.

https://247sports.com/college/alaba...abamas-No-2-ranked-recruiting-class-112709771
I could be missing something, but according to this 247Sports link, currently the Tide's 2019 recruiting class is ranked 9th. UGA has 3 commits in the Top 10 and have a high percentage shot at 2 more, including Owen Pappoe. Long, long way to go and I fully expect Bama to start climbing the ladder as they reel in more 5 stars.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I could be missing something, but according to this 247Sports link, currently the Tide's 2019 recruiting class is ranked 9th. UGA has 3 commits in the Top 10 and have a high percentage shot at 2 more, including Owen Pappoe. Long, long way to go and I fully expect Bama to start climbing the ladder as they reel in more 5 stars.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool
The earlier rankings I posted was before Sanders and Hammond decommitted. We are currently #9 but our average points per player is #1. We will be in the top 2 in '19.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
The earlier rankings I posted was before Sanders and Hammond decommitted. We are currently #9 but our average points per player is #1. We will be in the top 2 in '19.
Roger.

I think it will be a great battle for the top 3 spots in 2019 and I fully expect Bama to be in the mix.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I'll have some opportunities to see Clay play coming up, I'm going to make an out of my way trip to watch Taulia play next year. Hopefully we can lock down some of this instate talent
Clay won the Alabama state championship 6A in the 285+ division yesterday. He pinned all four of his opponents in a combined 3 mins 40 secs and pinned his opponent in the final in 37 secs :eek2:. I saw video of it and he looks like a brick wall. Hoping we get him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.