Early look at 2019 class

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Coach Golding will have this area fenced off for sure. He knows the Hammond area and southeast Louisiana. I’m excited about him on the recruiting trail.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Here is a SECCountry article on our pursuit of 5* players. Kirschner currently predicts we will end up with seven 5* players in this class. Devonta Smith is going to be a big factor in recruiting his high school.

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/alabama-recruiting-question-crimson-tide-stand-5-star-prospects
Yep. Don`t know what the rules are concerning active player involvement with their former high school teammates might be, but I`d run them all the way to the edge in this case. That`s assuming, of course, that Devonta has a good relationship with the guys we`re recruiting in Amite.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Coach Saban, and probably Ms. Terry as well, will be in Lafayette, LA in April as guests of an influential couple that I`m sure they met and have remained friends with since his LSU days. What are the chances he doesn`t use that as an opportunity to visit the Louisiana kids in BR and Amite that we`re recruiting ? Assuming, of course, that doesn`t violate some NCAA rule.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Have y'all seen this highlight reel for this 2 star running back https://uproxx.com/sports/high-scho...ghlight-video-devonte-lee-nevada-wolf-pack/2/

edit - sorry I just watched the video and didn't read that the kid was an early signee to Nevada. Video is still cool.
there was a kid playing for russellville high one year during the mid 80s that did basically that when they played haleyville. the lions had no one who could tackle him. all night was just toss left/toss right and run up and down the field.

UAllday

3rd Team
Jan 17, 2018
Savion Smith is helping with recruiting down in FLA. He is in the ear of 5* UGA commit Noland Smith who just happened to be wearing Bama gear.

https://247sports.com/college/alaba...ting-5-star-UGA-commit-Nolan-Smith--116070946
Not quite sure what to make of that. Looks like his bookbag is Ga.
The nice thing to see with recruiting this year is every recruit is mentioning one or more assistant coaches as a reason of interest. Last year there was little mention of assistants. It was all based on CNS and the program in place, tradition. Those two together make me think we are in store for quite a haul. See 2016

Last edited:

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Since so many players lied to our coaches faces last year this will be a different year for us. We also have guys that are leaders in Quick , and King to be vocal recruits. Lil Tua imo will be the guy people gravitate to this recruiting class just like his brother. I would look for recruiting to pick up with intensity next month, when kids will be taking official visits here.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Since so many players lied to our coaches faces last year this will be a different year for us. We also have guys that are leaders in Quick , and King to be vocal recruits. Lil Tua imo will be the guy people gravitate to this recruiting class just like his brother. I would look for recruiting to pick up with intensity next month, when kids will be taking official visits here.
Sounds like there were no vocal leaders in last years recruiting class that we typically have and the staff is telling guys in this year's class to get after it. I know a key to many of our great classes was getting a commitment from a QB early and it sounds like Taulia and/or Tyson could hopefully get on board soon.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Hmmm...Maybe we can not saddle him with "little Tua" . . Whaddya think of Tago {pronounced - Tunga) the Younger. :biggrin2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.