Early look at 2019 class

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Not referencing any any specific players, but I wonder if the “convince recruits to lie to Bama about signing with them” ploy will be all the rage again this year. It sure was popular with some second tier head coaches last year. And successful, too. So I guess I just answered my own question.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Not referencing any any specific players, but I wonder if the “convince recruits to lie to Bama about signing with them” ploy will be all the rage again this year. It sure was popular with some second tier head coaches last year. And successful, too. So I guess I just answered my own question.
Just one year, eh, maybe just an anomaly. If it happens again this coming recruiting season? Yeah, that`ll confirm it for me that it`s a deliberate strategy. Tie up our slots with fake commitments until it`s too late to do anything about it, then switch at the last minute to where you were going all along.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Just one year, eh, maybe just an anomaly. If it happens again this coming recruiting season? Yeah, that`ll confirm it for me that it`s a deliberate strategy. Tie up our slots with fake commitments until it`s too late to do anything about it, then switch at the last minute to where you were going all along.
I think it’s a desperate, collusive strategy among a few coaches now to try to weaken the dynasty. Nothing else works. It’s sad that such a contrivance depends on publicly sullying a young man’s reputation and integrity.

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I think it’s a desperate, collusive strategy among a few coaches now to try to weaken the dynasty. Nothing else works. It’s sad that such a contrivance depends on publicly sullying a young man’s reputation and integrity.
On the bright side, that's one way to weed out players with character problems. If they will lie to the coaches, would we really want them, anyway?

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Any kid that goes along with that doesn't need to ba here anyways...

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
On the bright side, that's one way to weed out players with character problems. If they will lie to the coaches, would we really want them, anyway?
Naturally, no. That, however, would not lessen the damage. Also, " publically sullying a young man`s reputation and integrity " would be about as far from being a concern for a coach who would do this as one could possibly imagine. Someone who has no integrity or character in the first place will have little regard or concern for it in others.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Naturally, no. That, however, would not lessen the damage. Also, " publically sullying a young man`s reputation and integrity " would be about as far from being a concern for a coach who would do this as one could possibly imagine. Someone who has no integrity or character in the first place will have little regard or concern for it in others.
I think most kids wouldn't go along with that in the first place. Some might with other incentive$.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I could be missing something, but according to this 247Sports link, currently the Tide's 2019 recruiting class is ranked 9th. UGA has 3 commits in the Top 10 and have a high percentage shot at 2 more, including Owen Pappoe. Long, long way to go and I fully expect Bama to start climbing the ladder as they reel in more 5 stars.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool
We’re about to close the deal on Pappoe. Gus working GA hard this cycle.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.