Early look at 2019 class

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Clay won the Alabama state championship 6A in the 285+ division yesterday. He pinned all four of his opponents in a combined 3 mins 40 secs and pinned his opponent in the final in 37 secs :eek2:. I saw video of it and he looks like a brick wall. Hoping we get him.
We definitely need that:)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Clay won the Alabama state championship 6A in the 285+ division yesterday. He pinned all four of his opponents in a combined 3 mins 40 secs and pinned his opponent in the final in 37 secs :eek2:. I saw video of it and he looks like a brick wall. Hoping we get him.
Had to laugh last night when Brent Key tweeted a congratulations note to the Oxford High wrestling team. Clearly targeted to one person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
The #2 DT, Faatui Tuitele, who goes to the same high school as Tua did will visit Bama. In a premium article he said Tua being at Bama helps us a lot. He would also be coming in the same class as Taulia which can't hurt either (Tua and Taulia did not play at the same HS).

https://247sports.com/college/alaba...T-Faatui-Title-sets-trio-of-visits--115292784
It's amazing the talent the state of Hawaii is producing, especially considering it's location . If I get to make it over there, I'm going to catch me a high school game:)

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008
I haven't seen it addressed in the thread, but does anyone have a sense of how big this class will be?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Watch out DL recruit BAMA just hired the best in the business at developing talent. Also, he should be here unless he goes to the NFL considering he hasn't tried to become a DC.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Watch out DL recruit BAMA just hired the best in the business at developing talent. Also, he should be here unless he goes to the NFL considering he hasn't tried to become a DC.
How can that not make the `19 D line targets sit up and take notice ? That`s assuming, of course, that they ( and hopefully their parents ) are savvy enough to know his record for player development, want to take their game to the next level, and don`t already have an attitude that they are NFL ready right now.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I haven't seen it addressed in the thread, but does anyone have a sense of how big this class will be?
From what I can tell, Alabama has 15 scholarship seniors.

Anfernee is a redshirt Junior that could possibly leave early if he plays 2018 like he did at the end of the season.

A few Juniors are possibilities to leave early - Saivion Smith, Raekwon Davis, Terrell Lewis, Mack Wilson, Josh Jacobs, Jalen Hurts (not going to dismiss the possibility of him transferring), and Jonah Williams.

Fifteen for sure gone plus 8 possible leaving early.

Suspect we sign a full class in 2019.

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008

Anfernee is a redshirt Junior that could possibly leave early if he plays 2018 like he did at the end of the season.

A few Juniors are possibilities to leave early - Saivion Smith, Raekwon Davis, Terrell Lewis, Mack Wilson, Josh Jacobs, Jalen Hurts (not going to dismiss the possibility of him transferring), and Jonah Williams.

I think so, as well. My thought was that the space in the 2018 class might allow us to back count a few entry entrants. Maybe we'll end up in the 28 range.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

Plus, it would not be a surprise if CNS is not more "frank" than usual in his individual evaluation talks with each player this year - though that may not be possible.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Has there been anymore info from jr. Day ?
look for Williams from LA Baton Rouge to commit. Will be a high riser in the rankings this year. Played WR/DB for Lab high but will play ILB here. #84 player in 247 rankings. Overall a low key day with lots of offers and laying the ground work type of talk. This time last year Anoma was outside the top 200 and was on campus for junior day just for memory.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
look for Williams from LA Baton Rouge to commit. Will be a high riser in the rankings this year. Played WR/DB for Lab high but will play ILB here. #84 player in 247 rankings. Overall a low key day with lots of offers and laying the ground work type of talk. This time last year Anoma was outside the top 200 and was on campus for junior day just for memory.
Thanks for the update Jam. The player mentioned in this article is Christian Harris/ATH and he is from Univ Lab in Baton Rouge. Is this who you are talking about? I think it is.

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/alabama-recruiting-class-2019-christian-harris-updates

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.