Pick the score: Alabama vs. Clemson (Round 3)

TUSCALOOSAHONOR

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2014
Slocomb, Al
www.facebook.com
Another viewpoint
1. Why not? Its a thread for discussion, there are no guidelines and parameters.
2. People can do say pick who they believe will win. The way Bama played in the Iron bowl gives cause for concern.
Are we going to come to a point where the only people who can post are only the ones who agree with everyone else? You can only post in this thread if you totally agree with me..?
3. Haven't seen anyone say Bryant is as good as Watson was.

I possibly am one of those who didn't give a score because I really have no clue. Can't even begin to guess.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Another viewpoint
1. Why not? Its a thread for discussion, there are no guidelines and parameters.
2. People can do say pick who they believe will win. The way Bama played in the Iron bowl gives cause for concern.
Are we going to come to a point where the only people who can post are only the ones who agree with everyone else? You can only post in this thread if you totally agree with me..?

I possibly am one of those who didn't give a score because I really have no clue. Can't even begin to guess.
Sure....free country.....just don’t understand why anyone would expect Bama to lose. We may get beat....but I surely don’t see how anyone can expect it

Maybe start a “if you don’t want to pick a score but still want to talk about the game” thread. Might not get much response.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Going to put this out there......

Bama can beat Clemson with Jalen playing as he always has played....including his runs vs passes ratio. A dual threat QB means dual-threat and the best ones are just like Jalen. They know how to run and can do it very well.

Your template works very well the way it is. Run Jalen run.....

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
31-21 Bama

I think (pray really) that the staff has the right plan in place for this game and the guys will execute it. I also think the defense will get a NOT that will be the big difference in the game.

Actually think they did this last year and when Bo went out we panicked a bit. Stay with the plan and it will work out. HAVE to move the pocket though. If they do those two things Bama can win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Another viewpoint

With all due respect TUSCALOOSAHONOR, you are paddling upstream.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
We played a great team in the IB. They were on a roll and, as always, very tough at home. We converted ZERO third downs, botched a FG, screwed up snaps on consecutive plays, and committed an egregious offsides when the ball was being punted back to us.

And lost by 12.

We’ve had 6 weeks to self scout, break down film, and correct mistakes. 6 weeks to stew. Do any of you really think we won’t see a better Alabama football performance? Oh, add to that the history with this team we are playing.

Alabama 30 Clemson 20

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
Going to put this out there......

Bama can beat Clemson with Jalen playing as he always has played....including his runs vs passes ratio. A dual threat QB means dual-threat and the best ones are just like Jalen. They know how to run and can do it very well.

Your template works very well the way it is. Run Jalen run.....
Bazza, you just want us to do that ole "run Jalen run" trick.:wink: We understand.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
BAMA 24-20. (Clemson gets a TD in the final minute to make it closer.)

My reasoning is simple, Kelly Bryant is not a good QB. We can play man coverage which will allow us to stack 8 in the box to take away the run game. KB won’t beat us with his arm. A lot of folks say Jalen can’t throw, can’t hit a receiver in stride.... KB couldn’t hit the Pacific Ocean in stride.

KB will get frustrated and make some bad choices. Daboll and the O will take advantage. Damian will loosen up Clemson and Bo will finish this year.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
BAMA 24-20. (Clemson gets a TD in the final minute to make it closer.)

My reasoning is simple, Kelly Bryant is not a good QB. We can play man coverage which will allow us to stack 8 in the box to take away the run game. KB won’t beat us with his arm. A lot of folks say Jalen can’t throw, can’t hit a receiver in stride.... KB couldn’t hit the Pacific Ocean in stride.

KB will get frustrated and make some bad choices. Daboll and the O will take advantage. Damian will loosen up Clemson and Bo will finish this year.
He’s improved a lot as a passer. We haven’t gotten consistent pressure on the QB all year. Hopefully Lewis will help in that regard but I don’t see us stacking the box. It’s not how Saban’s defense operates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He’s improved a lot as a passer. We haven’t gotten consistent pressure on the QB all year. Hopefully Lewis will help in that regard but I don’t see us stacking the box. It’s not how Saban’s defense operates.
Agreed - you won't stack the box, but you will play a lot more aggressive in pass rush situations than you did last year.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I’m saddened that there won’t be any football to watch tonight. I didn’t realize neither the nfl or college would not have a game tonight. I don’t like NYE on a Sunday. :cool:

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I’m saddened that there won’t be any football to watch tonight. I didn’t realize neither the nfl or college would not have a game tonight. I don’t like NYE on a Sunday. :cool:
You could re-watch the game from 2 years ago when we beat Clemson to win the Natty. :) Last year's game is too heartbreaking to watch again.

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
I think we win big like 2008 or lose close similar to the Iron Bowl. Assuming a clean game, neither team with 3-4 turnovers, I think this game is placed squarely on the shoulders of our offense. Can they consistently be productive and move the chains against a great defense? Going < 40-45% on 3rd down probably means we lose. I'm believing we'll see a different effort from our offense. Blocking guys to the sidelines. Making tough catches. Fighting for every extra yard.
Bama 31 - 13

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.