Link: Great article on Jalen Hurts

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Good reminder of what these guys go through. Not many grown men could handle the pressures these kids handle. Maybe we all need to take a step back and remind ourselves of this before posting about any kids play. I am not sure, but have seen no one here say they ever played ball at this level. My hat is off to Jalen and all the guys who wear the crimson, and carry our hopes and dreams on a Saturday afternoon. That is one large load for a kid, he has all my respect as they all do. I hope everyone here reads this and kind of takes it to heart, these kids live an odd life for such young men or basically kids. Maybe we all can cut them a little slack, win or lose, they represent this University and fanbase with very high dignity. Good luck and Roll Tide, I want to win a title,, but now I want them to win the title. It is theirs, we are just watchers.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
Good reminder of what these guys go through. Not many grown men could handle the pressures these kids handle. Maybe we all need to take a step back and remind ourselves of this before posting about any kids play. I am not sure, but have seen no one here say they ever played ball at this level. My hat is off to Jalen and all the guys who wear the crimson, and carry our hopes and dreams on a Saturday afternoon. That is one large load for a kid, he has all my respect as they all do. I hope everyone here reads this and kind of takes it to heart, these kids live an odd life for such young men or basically kids. Maybe we all can cut them a little slack, win or lose, they represent this University and fanbase with very high dignity. Good luck and Roll Tide, I want to win a title,, but now I want them to win the title. It is theirs, we are just watchers.
My thoughts exactly. We sometimes take what these guys go through for granted. I sure hope Jalen has a great game and gets his due.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
My thoughts exactly. We sometimes take what these guys go through for granted. I sure hope Jalen has a great game and gets his due.
This article reminds me how silly I can get about Bama football. These kids actually spend many many years getting to this point and as fans we forget this. I am short slow and now old LOL, never football material after pee wee. I would kill to walk out in that crimson uniform one time. These kids work their tails off and I am as guilty as any fan of taking them for granted. I have copied this article to my PC to read now and then and remind myself of the sacrifices these kids make for my enjoyment. This team has been a big part of my family for decades. This was the one thing my POP and I could agree on when I was a teenage pain in his tail. This team and program have been a big part of my life since I was a wee one. I would bet the farm not one guy on this team wants to ever lose a game, no matter what I may say in the heat of a game. The fact they put it all out there for us fans earns them our respect. I will try to never disrespect any player again,this article is saved to remind me of that. Win lose or draw, would not trade this team for any other. Good luck team play your game and no matter the outcome, I will be here to cheer you on. It really is the least we can do for all you do. ROLL TIDE....that is not just a saying, to me and my family it is a motto. ROLL TIDE

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
I wonder how folks would act if it was there son playing QB for the University of Alabama. I was a student during the DuBose era and got to know a number of football players peronally. No matter how old I get, I WILL ALWAYS stick up for the players.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.