Link: Landon Collins calls current teammate Eli Apple 'a cancer'

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He would have been benched if he had done this while at Alabama, and for good reason. Apple may be a cancer, but this is not the way to fix it. Heck, even if he never plays for the Giants again, Collins just destroyed his trade value.

At any rate, he has already apologized for his statements.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
He would have been benched if he had done this while at Alabama, and for good reason. Apple may be a cancer, but this is not the way to fix it. Heck, even if he never plays for the Giants again, Collins just destroyed his trade value.

At any rate, he has already apologized for his statements.
LOL!!! you truly underestimate the NFL who loss any type of scruples years ago.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
LOL!!! you truly underestimate the NFL who loss any type of scruples years ago.
If he was found guilty of beating his wife, that is one thing, but NFL teams won't accept dogging it on the field, and that is what Apple is accused of.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Looks to be more than just on the field play.
According to a few NYG blogs, several Giants players have said that they will not play with Apple again. Essentially they are telling the Giants organization to get rid of Apple or risk a major problem next year.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
According to a few NYG blogs, several Giants players have said that they will not play with Apple again. Essentially they are telling the Giants organization to get rid of Apple or risk a major problem next year.
I don't envy the NYG mgt at this moment. you're talking about a 1st round pick here. ( #24)
talk about a rock and a hard place.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I don't envy the NYG mgt at this moment. you're talking about a 1st round pick here. ( #24)
talk about a rock and a hard place.
Landon is their best defensive player and seems to be speaking for the entire secondary group w/r/t Eli Apple. Quite a pickle indeed.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
This dude is living with his mom in a condo in Hoboken. :conf3:
Sounds like she is taking "helicopter parent" to a new level, and then taking his career right into the toilet.

If I was a GM, I'd make a condition of employment that EA has to take out a restraining order on his mother before I'd sign him.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
I can see no one here follows the Giants. Landon is a team leader and the entire team loves him, including the ownership. The GM and VP have both been fired because of bone head moves like drafting Apple in the first round. Google Apple’s name and you will see the crap he has caused all season. Landon hasn’t missed a game and has 43 straight starts. LC broke down, when he found out he had broken his arm and couldn’t play anymore this season.....on a 2 win team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.