Sources: 7SU, Matt Canada expected to split after Citrus Bowl

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
A win for Alabama. Canada was a good OC. I suspect LSU will regret this move in the years to come. Anyone think that Canada would land in a better situation than he has now though?
LSU may regret Coach O. in the long run. I am still scratching my head over the hiring of failed HC to win titles. That math just does not add up.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
LSU may regret Coach O. in the long run. I am still scratching my head over the hiring of failed HC to win titles. That math just does not add up.
It still makes little sense to me, but Orgeron is one game shy of .500 as a HC now. He won 75% of his games as interim HC at USC (6-2) and has won 75% of his games as HC at LSU (both interim and full time - 15-5). If you assume he can continue to win a rate of .750, he'll be alright at LSU.

Remember, Miles was 39-13 (.750) over his last five seasons (after the BCSCG loss to Bama). It's early, but so far Orgeron hasn't been the disaster most expected. I don't think the man has what it takes to win the SEC, but he's not worse than Miles so far...

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
It still makes little sense to me, but Orgeron is one game shy of .500 as a HC now. He won 75% of his games as interim HC at USC (6-2) and has won 75% of his games as HC at LSU (both interim and full time - 15-5). If you assume he can continue to win a rate of .750, he'll be alright at LSU.

Remember, Miles was 39-13 (.750) over his last five seasons (after the BCSCG loss to Bama). It's early, but so far Orgeron hasn't been the disaster most expected. I don't think the man has what it takes to win the SEC, but he's not worse than Miles so far...
With the talent that LSU should have sole access to they should never be at 75% winning. CNS showed the juggernaut that it could and should be with the right coach. Frankly, Coach O is a joke and the President and AD let the fans select him. He reminds me of the Coach Dubose hire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Ogre gonna Ogre.

Every year they keep him as coach will be the number of years it takes them to rebuild once they come to their senses. They’ll lose their best QB on the roster to transfer next. My guess is that he’ll have next year and that’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
After all is said and done in Baton Rouge; my honest opinion is that Orgeron simply is not very bright. He is the stereotypical good old boy, lug who understands physicality in a team and not much else.

krs4bama

Nov 27, 2017
I totally agree ---Oger seems like a dufus to me. That's probably unfair. Hope he does not prove me wrong as my wife is a corn-dog - lol- . Born and raised in Baton Rouge. They are the only team that seems to match us talent wise.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
What is the probability that Matt or his agent has not already been contacted by someone in Tuscaloosa to gauge interest?

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
After all is said and done in Baton Rouge; my honest opinion is that Orgeron simply is not very bright. He is the stereotypical good old boy, lug who understands physicality in a team and not much else.
I almost feel sorry for LSU, but sometimes you get what you deserve. I just wish someone would pull that frog out of Coach O's throat

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Now I guess we will see EO try to be a one man band.
(That never turns out good)
What EO should have done was told him...
'The jobs yours', Win us some games.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I thought I read that he was somewhat difficult to work with? Then again, that might be a perfect fit!?
Kitten was hard to work with also but the results on the field were undeniable. Point taken though...not sure Coach wants to deal with replacing him in a year or two.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
You know your team better than me, but he had a top 5 recruiting class pretty much every year while at LSU - usually in the top 3. Last year you dropped to 7th with Miles' early influence on so many players. So far this year - 14th. Next year, you could easily drop out of the top 20. That is death for a program that wants to contend for SEC championships.

Miles was a great head coach - among the top 5 in the country. I get why he was fired, but LSU fans have no idea what they let go. If you have a Kirby Smart to fill that void - fine. But I have no pity for a program that fires Miles to hire Orgeron.
Coach 'O' is LSUs failure. They made a step in the wrong direction when they hired 'O'.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I would think any top notch coordinator with intelligence would constantly be asking himself, "How in the world did this yaw yawing bozo get a head gig with top notch pay?"
IMO: Coach 'O' has got several Head Coaching jobs because when he starts talking no one understands him. They don't call him Yaw Yaw for nothing. I'm not sure the Swamp folks in Cajun land even understand Yah Yah. It's a cinch the LSU AD and President need to be re-evaluated for their decision making ability.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.