Sources: 7SU, Matt Canada expected to split after Citrus Bowl

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
And had he stayed? You think it wouldn’t have been higher? Dude, those players he left Miles were unreal. Even Les couldn’t miss out on a NC. He tried but still got one with the talent CNS left.
No telling.

Saban lost fewer than three games only once in his five years at LSU - ge wasn't the same coach he is now...

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
What I saw from LSU last year looked like something Kiffin would have drawn up after drinking a six pack.....of Red Bull. It might succeed. I guess it did to a degree at Pitt, and LSU should have won ten games had they not screwed up against Notre Dame, but as a fan I didn't like what I was seeing from those guys.

rtr

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
You do know that Saban's record at 7SU was 48-16 (.750), right?
Uh - Respectfully - you do know that Saban inherited an LSux team that won a grand total of 7 games in the TWO Years prior to his arrival, and had not won an SEC Title in 12 years.

Ogre-on inherited a team that had won 17 games (17-8 - 0.6800) in Miles' last two full seasons, and probably would have won 8 or more again had the University supported him through the end of the 2016 season. Not much to write home about in LSU's post-Saban era, but that's a record that would have kept any coach employed at LSu in their Pre-Saban era.

Just sayin'.... ;)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
What I saw from LSU last year looked like something Kiffin would have drawn up after drinking a six pack.....of Red Bull. It might succeed. I guess it did to a degree at Pitt, and LSU should have won ten games had they not screwed up against Notre Dame, but as a fan I didn't like what I was seeing from those guys.

rtr
If properly run, that offense is a thing of beauty. Don't think he was ever allowed to fully implement it and run it the way he wanted.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Uh - Respectfully - you do know that Saban inherited an LSux team that won a grand total of 7 games in the TWO Years prior to his arrival, and had not won an SEC Title in 12 years.

Ogre-on inherited a team that had won 17 games (17-8 - 0.6800) in Miles' last two full seasons, and probably would have won 8 or more again had the University supported him through the end of the 2016 season. Not much to write home about in LSU's post-Saban era, but that's a record that would have kept any coach employed at LSu in their Pre-Saban era.

Just sayin'.... ;)
And Saban still averaged 3 losses/season over his last three at LSU.

My point isn't that O might be the next Saban, but rather that it's far too early to tell how good or bad he might be. The reality is most teams would love to win .750 of their games.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
LOL!!! They still don't have a QB either AFAIK. They played the Brennan kid from last year's class in 6 games for only 25 Att's so that's a year of eligibility gone. They didn't sign a QB this year either and Etling is gone now.

They only have Brennan(SO 4 Star), Narcisse( FR 3 Star), and MCmillian (JR 2 Star) on scholarship and those 3 guys have 26 career plays....HAHAHahahHAHHAH.

They are going to be so BAD at passing again.....for years... HAHAHahahahHAHAHAhaha!!!!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Just sayin'.... ;)
LSU struggles in recruiting when the Texas Schools are blowing it up..... for many years LSU raided East Texas in recruiting -- and had a strong grip on the kids coming out on North Louisiana and Nawlins. But, they struggle now in East Texas, we have an amazing pipeline out of North Louisiana now -- and New Orleans just has never completely recovered after Katrina.....

LSU recruited well for many years because of their ability to play Defense, and they have been able to hold onto most of the local talent.... but those kids will start to bail big time if LSU cannot find a way to win 9-10 per year.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Is LSU just not gonna try at football anymore ?
:smile: Well said. It's amazing.

Madness reigns in BR. Their fans have to be beside themselves with all of the wasted years. They produce an incredible amount of elite talent relative to their population, they are a historical "almost blue blood", they have charisma - all they lack is a good coach. They don't even need a great one to consistently have very good years and the occasional great year.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I don't know if keeping Miles was the smart move as much as "how on earth do you fire Miles four games into the season and end up with former Ole Miss failure Coach O as your full time coach." Obviously they struck out on Herman but that doesn't mean there aren't other good options out there. That's an attractive job.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.