Sources: 7SU, Matt Canada expected to split after Citrus Bowl

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I don't know if keeping Miles was the smart move as much as "how on earth do you fire Miles four games into the season and end up with former Ole Miss failure Coach O as your full time coach." Obviously they struck out on Herman but that doesn't mean there aren't other good options out there. That's an attractive job.
This is it. Miles needed to go but he needed to go the prior season. They did it in the absolute worst manner possible, and then got sucked into making the interim coach the full time coach. I have to admit, I applaud this behavior by them and I hope it continues.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
They just weren't going to get anyone better (than Miles), given the situation of their administration and athletic department.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
They weren't going to get any better than Miles but they also weren't going to get over the hump with Miles. I'm still completely baffled by Miles unwillingness to change his offense. I can't remember a coach so stubborn. They just panicked when Herman played them. They didn't have to hire Orgeron they could have kept looking.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I don't know if keeping Miles was the smart move as much as "how on earth do you fire Miles four games into the season and end up with former Ole Miss failure Coach O as your full time coach." Obviously they struck out on Herman but that doesn't mean there aren't other good options out there. That's an attractive job.
Orgeron did a masterful job of convincing the LSU brass that he was simply going to be a CEO type and hire big time Offensive and Defensive coordinators and let them do their thing. They bought it and it turned out to not be true. He reverted back to a lot of his old ways at Ole Miss.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Orgeron did a masterful job of convincing the LSU brass that he was simply going to be a CEO type and hire big time Offensive and Defensive coordinators and let them do their thing. They bought it and it turned out to not be true. He reverted back to a lot of his old ways at Ole Miss.
He had a binder after all!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017
Maybe, in an effort to have 7SU keep Coach O, we can give them a few walk-ons. Practice squad walk-ons....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.