Sources: 7SU, Matt Canada expected to split after Citrus Bowl

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Not surprised. That sideline to sideline jet sweep stuff is a gimmick and not going to get it at places like LSU that want to run it down your throat. I sure as heck wouldn't want it at Bama.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I'd almost trade with LSU for Canada if not for the fact that our QB room is full of guys who aren't really best suited for a power i-form offense.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
This has been expected for awhile. Was told a few weeks ago the word was he and Ed mutually agreed he would look elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Part of the mid-season meeting with the AD, HC, OC, and DC really stemmed from problems with O and Canada not seeing eye to eye on the offensive direction. It says a lot that the alleged ultimatum from the AD to the HC was "let the coordinators run their offense/defense and you just be the head coach."

Feel like these coordinators were sold on autonomy and an HC who would just be a mascot/recruiter/CEO type and whatever happened to lead to that meeting probably rubbed Canada the wrong way even though I think he "won" the argument.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Ensminger is a hanger on and won't create problems for Orgeron and will do as he is told. IMO Canada is a quality OC and will certainly land on his feet at another program, maybe with Pruitt or at Arkansas if he stays in the SEC.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Not surprised. That sideline to sideline jet sweep stuff is a gimmick and not going to get it at places like LSU that want to run it down your throat.
And yet:

"Through the first nine games of the season, LSU averaged more than 7 yards per carry on jet sweeps in conference games. They were critical in wins over Florida (10 for 89 yards) and Auburn (5-93) and commendable in games against BYU (10-53) and Ole Miss (7-42). They also helped the Tigers hog the ball (34 minutes) at Alabama, running 10 sweeps for 35 yards."

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Part of the mid-season meeting with the AD, HC, OC, and DC really stemmed from problems with O and Canada not seeing eye to eye on the offensive direction. It says a lot that the alleged ultimatum from the AD to the HC was "let the coordinators run their offense/defense and you just be the head coach."

Feel like these coordinators were sold on autonomy and an HC who would just be a mascot/recruiter/CEO type and whatever happened to lead to that meeting probably rubbed Canada the wrong way even though I think he "won" the argument.
I honestly LOVE it if O ran him off - Canada has forgotten more about coaching an offense then Orgeron will ever know...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
He's a really good OC but Etling is an awful quarterback and they had no other options. We would've lost to LSU in our place if Etling was just a mediocre quarterback instead of an awful one.

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA

That’s the story as I heard it too. I think it basically came down to who had the bigger buyout (Canada or Orgeron) and which would be less of a shock to part ways with. As a previous poster stated, Canada has forgot more about offenses than Coach O will ever know.

Hey LSWho, Nuss is available!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
O had to make a splash hire at OC after his plan to get Lane fell thru. Those two didn’t get along, which is apparently not unusual for Canada. I’m going to let it play out before I make any judgment.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
O had to make a splash hire at OC after his plan to get Lane fell thru. Those two didn’t get along, which is apparently not unusual for Canada. I’m going to let it play out before I make any judgment.
Lsu lost unless they got one of the best OC in the nation. Period. Matt Canada was good. Only a few were better than him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.