This is why stupid should hurt: proposal to put shelter dogs on vegan diet divides LA

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Good grief. Stop the world, I want to get off.

I had a husky that was on a meat based diet her entire life. We got her in March of 1988. She died (actually had to be put down due to dementia) in October of 2005 fpr those of you where math is hard that is 17 years. She still acted like a puppy until her last year.

There is no better way to say “Let’s never hang out” than to say “I am a vegan”. Vegans don’t eat food, they eat what food eats.

Last edited:

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
You always hear stories about farmers having problems with coyotes breaking into their vegetable garden and killing the tomatoes or about wild packs of wolves stalking herds of corn for several days across the plains.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I don’t care if someone chooses to be vegan. Just don’t force me to be one and don’t put me down for not being one.

Dogs are carnivores by nature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I've looked at this before. There are many problems associated with forcing an animal onto a diet it's not equipped to handle. One problem is that dogs and cats can't manufacture vitamin D with their skin, as we can. And it needs to be D3, which only comes from animal products. Neither can manufacture taurine, an amino acid. There are a couple more that cats need and can't manufacture. One expert on animal nutrition (who was a former psychotherapist before changing careers) said that, when he heard someone wanting to put a dog or cat on a vegetarian diet, he knew it wasn't about the animal; it was about the owner. His advice was to get a goat or a rabbit... :D

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.