Music City Wildcat Bowl discussion

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Like I said, Kentucky doesn't make these plays, they lose to other teams as they attempt these plays. UK being UK.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Hats off to UK. They played with a ranked team until the very end in spite of the fact that the officials took away their best offensive player in the first quarter.

The MVP of the game for NW is the PAC officiating crew.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Well so far the three SEC teams have been Mizzou, Texas A&M and Kentucky...so I don’t put much stock in them anyway. Lol
While it is true that those SEC teams aren't very good. It is also true that the teams they were playing aren't very good. I think many people could see that the depth of the SEC was not very good this year. Bama, UGA, and AU are all pretty solid. LSU and MSU are fairly good. SC is decent. Every other team is not. It is still possibly the best conference overall, but the top-to-bottom depth that we have been known for having is just not there right now. The other conferences may point this out, but most of them have the same problems.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think Bama, UGA, Auburn, and LSU are the only SEC teams with a shot at winning their bowl game. ND is a bit mismatched by LSU I think...so that is one likely win. Auburn-UCF depends on motivations and health...a coin flip. UGA & Alabama are two great teams but I think they're simply not going to win their matchup but very well could...two more coin flips.

Could easily be 4-5 or 1-8...bad bounces and maybe 0-9. SEC is not very good this year as a conference and their best teams are all in high level competition with coin flip matchups.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think Bama, UGA, Auburn, and LSU are the only SEC teams with a shot at winning their bowl game. ND is a bit mismatched by LSU I think...so that is one likely win. Auburn-UCF depends on motivations and health...a coin flip. UGA & Alabama are two great teams but I think they're simply not going to win their matchup but very well could...two more coin flips.

Could easily be 4-5 or 1-8...bad bounces and maybe 0-9. SEC is not very good this year as a conference and their best teams are all in high level competition with coin flip matchups.
If Alabama wins two, will you care - at all? I mean, even a tiny bit?

Nope.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
That quote just proves what we already knew - that the official is an egotist.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm all about people being held accountable for their actions and following the rules; however, that entire situation was handled poorly. It could have easily been a late hit against NU, but the UK player seemed to just pull his hands back in disgust and was hammered with a disqualification. Again, the referees have a tough job, and I think bad calls are part of the game, but that seemed to be a bad call to me.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Personally, I think that Coyte should make a very public apology to Kentucky player for that crap ejection. It was uncalled for. Furthermore, he does not work any bowl games after the 24th. IOW he stuck doing one of those lower profile, who-gives-a-crap games.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.