Anyone Know Who's Calling The Sugar Bowl?

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I heard it was Beth Mowen, GMac, Jesse Palmer, and Mac Brown.......:rolleye2:
That is why there is a MUTE button on your remote control. Which reminds me; my father controlled the TV back in the day when there were only three channels. My brother and I would lie on the floor and watch whatever Dad wanted to watch. He would tell us when and where to turn the station, so we were the remote control back in the 50's and 60's.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I am old enough to remember when no one would even ask such aquestion, back when most announcers were good, professinal and showed no bias at all. Sad day when this is even a topic and we dread having any announcer, the level of professionalism in sports announcers seems to be in the toilet. So many who are so one sided and just bad. In games like this they should do a simulcast for each team using their own guys, ELI would be the best for Bama fans to listen to. Just once they need to sync up radio and TV so I can losten to ELI while watching us play on TV.
I'm more worried about the Refs that will be calling this game. I can mute the announcers but the biased Refs can kill us and apologize the next day.

Bamagradandmom

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 26, 2017
I would love to hear Verne with Tua in the game...
Poor Uncle Vern, he couldn't even get Rolando McClain right. Remember that LB we had Orlando McCain we had playing for Rolando?

How do you think he would phonetically pronounce his name? I can't even imagine!

TigerTown

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 18, 2017
I am old enough to remember when no one would even ask such aquestion, back when most announcers were good, professinal and showed no bias at all. Sad day when this is even a topic and we dread having any announcer, the level of professionalism in sports announcers seems to be in the toilet. So many who are so one sided and just bad. In games like this they should do a simulcast for each team using their own guys, ELI would be the best for Bama fans to listen to. Just once they need to sync up radio and TV so I can losten to ELI while watching us play on TV.
There is actually an espn3 simulcast using your (and our) radio network synched up to the espn game feed.

Personally like blackledge but tessitore is awful, how he has moved up the ranks amazes me. Must be cheap.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
That is why there is a MUTE button on your remote control. Which reminds me; my father controlled the TV back in the day when there were only three channels. My brother and I would lie on the floor and watch whatever Dad wanted to watch. He would tell us when and where to turn the station, so we were the remote control back in the 50's and 60's.
That tradition continued into the 70s at my house. I remember being called from my room to change the channel.

I remember our first remote. It had a 25ft wire....we had to run along the wall at the floor. Thought we were the stuff when we got that

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.