ChrisD: Alabama 79, Texas A&M 57: Inspired Tide grabs best win of Avery Johnson era

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Alabama 79, Texas A&M 57: Inspired Tide grabs best win of Avery Johnson era
by Chris DePew
TideFans Staff
December 31st, 2017 01:05 AM

By Chris DePew TideFans.com Staff Dec. 30, 2017 Alabama opened its SEC schedule by playing hungry, desperate basketball and got rewarded with its first victory against a Top 5 team in over a decade, as the Crimson Tide pounced on No. 5 Texas A&M for a 79-57 upset at Coleman Coliseum. What did we learn […]

Read More Here...

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I will admit that I am surprised that we beat A&M even without a few of their top dogs. I hope we can now follow up this win with more solid efforts. I can't remember the last time we won in Nashville, so I assume that will be a loss, but I hope to see a solid plan and good effort to build on this big win.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I will admit that I am surprised that we beat A&M even without a few of their top dogs. I hope we can now follow up this win with more solid efforts. I can't remember the last time we won in Nashville, so I assume that will be a loss, but I hope to see a solid plan and good effort to build on this big win.
Grant beat them up there a few years back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I was thinking he had a close one but didn't get the win. Anyway, we haven't had a lot of success there through the years. It would be nice to change our fortunes in Memorial Gym.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.