Lack of confidence from Bama fans.

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA
This should be a great game between two very well coached teams. I’m certainly no more or no less confident than any playoff / championship game we’ve played in under Saban.

The media likes to focus on the entire team comparing them to their respective opponent as a whole to create a narrative. The real story is in the individual and position group matchups.

Like several of you have mentioned, it’s going to come down to the play in the trenches. Can Bama’s O-Line match up well enough against an elite Clemson D-Line? No secret here - if we run the ball well and find mismatches with the TE and WR when they bring up a safety or DB for run support, we can flip the script and wear Clemson’s defense down. If we can’t, well....we’ve seen how this can go.

Defensively, I like our chances against Clemson. While our D-Line has been criticized or unfairly compared to last years incarnation, the key to their success (IMO) tomorrow night is how effective Miller and Lewis will be at LB in bringing pressure off the edges. If we see a healthy and fired up Lewis and Miller tomorrow night, they possibly could be spending lots of time in Clemson’s backfield.

I’m fired up and ready to see Bama take one more step to #17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I actually like our chances against Clemson and am cautiously optimistic. Its the possible title game against Oklahoma that concerns me the most.
I fear our next opponent more than Clempson. We have focused so much on beating these guys that unless we pull another Ole Miss we should do so. After that, however, I don't know about our ability to do the turnaround.

But, you have to be in it to win it.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I’ve noticed and it’s disconcerting to say the least. Frankly, it’s unbecoming of us.

We’re going to the beat the hell out of them. Believe it.
History would disagree with you. this is not Mich St or Notre dame, all 4 teams in playoff are very good. I do not see any blow outs, therefore no one is uper confident. At this point we have 4 pretty even teams, they all play different but all have earned the spot they got. I am amazed so many think we should just write of Clemson as a win, this is the playoff. This is probably the tightest group of 4 so far in CFP. I do not see any of the 4 laying wood to anyone. This may be the best playoff yet. Each team has strengths and weaknesses, will make for some epic games.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
seems to me that most Bama fans are expecting a win. You will never see 100% of fans predict a win in a game of this magnitude. a handful of people disagree and people lose their minds. lol i dont get it

TUSCALOOSAHONOR

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2014
Slocomb, Al
www.facebook.com
Not sure where the confidence is coming from. When I'm confident its because I see a weakness in the other team and know we can exploit it. I don't just say we can beat them because we are Bama or just because Saban is our coach. What are you guys seeing that is giving you (some of you) this much confidence in Bama winning?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Not sure where the confidence is coming from. When I'm confident its because I see a weakness in the other team and know we can exploit it. I don't just say we can beat them because we are Bama or just because Saban is our coach. What are you guys seeing that is giving you (some of you) this much confidence in Bama winning?
You will understand in about 24 hours.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I get that they don't have Watson anymore, but we lost Allen, Tomlinson, Anderson and Williams. It works both ways.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I actually like our chances against Clemson and am cautiously optimistic. Its the possible title game against Oklahoma that concerns me the most.
I will say that I would rather play UGA than Baker Mayfield University. So, I will be happily cheering on UGA tomorrow.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Those showing concern are only being realistic. Two fairly matched teams. I think we will win but wouldn't want to bet the farm on it.
I agree. Clemson has gone toe-to-toe with us for the last two years without flinching. Our last three games against good teams, LSU, MSU, and AU, showed many weaknesses. Bama fans recognize championship level teams, and we didn't see us playing at that high level a lot of the time against those three teams. We did at times against LSU and MSU, but the Auburn game was such a confusing mixture of mistakes and a team that looked unprepared or unmotivated that many of us have definitely lost a little confidence. We are still a good team and have had a good year, but we must play better than we did over the last month of the season to win. If we play to our potential, we can beat any team in the country and celebrate another national title. I'll be cheering for us to do so, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it either.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
About the only thing that absolutely certain of is that this team will not lack focus for this game. As has been said, our O line, while talented, has lacked consistency. IMHO, lack of consistency and the resultant lack of performance against a front like Clemson`s would be fatal. I`d feel a lot better if the O line`s performance against the barn`s front had been more consistent, like with the opening 3rd qtr. drive. Have to admit also that I`m unsure concerning how the staff will scheme for Clemson`s front. I just don`t think that man for man, for 60 minutes, our O line can consistently win the battles without some kind of schematic help from the coaching staff. Not that they will, but I`d love for the O line to read this, get PO`d, and prove me way wrong!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.