Lack of confidence from Bama fans.

krs4bama

Nov 27, 2017
Talking to Bama fans regarding the CFP game. It seems to me that most don't feel like we will beat Clemson or at the very least are not very confident that we will. Even though we don't seem to be as strong defensively this year. In my opinion neither is Clemson without Deshaun Watson. Bama 24 Clemson 17 is my prediction.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Watch the hype video - toward the end of kyallie's thread at the top. That should get Tide Fans going!

I believe!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Talking to Bama fans regarding the CFP game. It seems to me that most don't feel like we will beat Clemson or at the very least are not very confident that we will. Even though we don't seem to be as strong defensively this year. In my opinion neither is Clemson without Deshaun Watson. Bama 24 Clemson 17 is my prediction.
It's impossible to be real confident against a team that has equal talent and very good coaching. I'm super confident when we play Mercer but that's because I know there's not any real possibility of them beating us.

I will admit I felt pretty confident going into the Auburn game, but that's all I'll say about that.

Can Bama win? Of course, but I'll never feel confident if I believe it's a 3-7 point game.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I am less confident this year than I was last year, even though this year our QB is better than he was last year and Clemson QB is not as good. I think our defense is much less than it was last year and Clemson defense is better. Plus last year national championship and this year iron bowl have made me less cocky as a Bama fan. I still believe Saban is the best coach in college football but have ceased to explain away every issue with the mantra " in Saban I trust "

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
You sound surprised. Barn beat us and if we play like that so will Clemson. Fact is this year we are not as strong, injuries have killed us, and others like Clemson have caught up. Being a realist I think we win but we could just as easily lose, Clemson is no chump. I think most are just tempering expectations, this could be a nail bitter. Our gap has shrunk due to others making strides and our injury list. By your score pick, you do know one play could change the game, I think that is the worry, 1-2 big plays will probably be the difference between a win and a loss.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I am always confident since we have Coach Saban and the best talent of any team. I am surprised with the lack of confidence in our fanbase. We will win tomorrow night.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
It is the “What have you done for me lately” mentality. They can’t look past the performance from the Auburn game. :rolleye2:

Maxbama

1st Team
Oct 16, 2012
Crossville, TN
I believe we will run the ball effectively. Our OL is the best that Clemson has seen this year. They will be ready. The rat poison is being spewed by the media and it will motivate our team. I think all the things we have been discussing since the Auburn game is being addressed by the coaching staff and the players. We played poorly against Auburn and they played their best game. I am confident that the Tide will execute and play one of their best games all year. Remember Notre Dame. All the hype by the media? I can't wait! Roll Tide!

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I actually like our chances against Clemson and am cautiously optimistic. Its the possible title game against Oklahoma that concerns me the most.

Last edited:

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
Pretty sure most of us predicted a victory on the pick the score, so I don’t think many of us are lacking confidence

12Namath12

Suspended
Sep 24, 2016
Birmingham
Seems like this has been discussed ad nauseaum on this board.

People are failing to understand that we are not playing Deshaun Watson and let me tell you, Kelly Bryant is NO Deshaun Watson!

We win 21-13!

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Oklahoma can't stop Georgia. Georgia will win the time of possession and the game by keeping OK offense on the sidelines.
Lets talk tomorrow evening. We all know Georgia’s track record in meaningful games recently. I think Oklahoma is going to run them out of the stadium.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Lets talk tomorrow evening. We all know Georgia’s track record in meaningful games recently. I think Oklahoma is going to run them out of the stadium.
I would say that their most recent big game might show otherwise. I imagine Kirby’s ready. Hoping UGA pours it on. Dogs 38 OU 17

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Oklahoma can't stop Georgia. Georgia will win the time of possession and the game by keeping OK offense on the sidelines.
Exactly the dawgs will play keep away. Regarding our game the closer we get the better I feel. The biggest concern I have had is the tides ability to convert 3rd down, and stop them on 3rd down. They did neither against the barn and that was the biggest reason they lost. I have heard some really good things about focus this week and I believe our 3rd down problems will be addressed. It will be close but I I think we win a 21-17 type game.

Valley View

3rd Team
Nov 7, 2016
Williamson County, TN
I have no doubts we have better athletes. We just have to use them correctly. IMO, that has been causing some offensive problems this year. But wouldn't other teams just love to have our problems.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.