Eeyores please leave the forum now.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I would say Stephen Garcia comes closest in 2010, but he was far from a statue.
I still can’t believe that we haven’t played them since 2010. The expansion messed that up. Will we have to see the old Garcia footage..when we play them in a couple years? Lol

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I agree that Fromm is not truly a dual threat QB like Bryant or Nick Fitzgerald. He however has shown good pocket presence and the ability to escape the rush to avoid huge sacks. He is also good at finding his safety valve or throwing it away. He obviously has not faced a defense like Alabama's which hopefully will be similar to last night's. Overall UGA has more offensive weapons than Clemson and they are much more explosive.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I agree that Fromm is not truly a dual threat QB like Bryant or Nick Fitzgerald. He however has shown good pocket presence and the ability to escape the rush to avoid huge sacks. He is also good at finding his safety valve or throwing it away. He obviously has not faced a defense like Alabama's which hopefully will be similar to last night's. Overall UGA has more offensive weapons than Clemson and they are much more explosive.
The explosiveness is ultimately what has me worried. Missing the RB 5 yards past the line of scrimmage might as well be missing him 30 yards past. Everything else I think our defense can account for

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This is true, but Alabama has only allowed a handful of running plays longer than 20 yards all season. They are explosive where Alabama is strongest. Strength on strength. I would be far more worried if Fromm was a down-field passer, but he is not. Most of his passes are short yardage possession passes. And passes make up only 30% of their overall offense.

Clemson was limited offensively. They scored 3 points (the other 3 points were a gift). Georgia, with their better athletes on offense will likely score 14-21 points. But that is not enough to win this game.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Didn’t we have Fromm committed as a recruit before Kirby went to Georgia? The kid is a legit qb but like others have said think he is part of an O that our D is best suited to stop.

Honestly, I was terrified of us facing Oklahoma. I think the matchup and our familiarity with Georgia favors us greatly.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Didn’t we have Fromm committed as a recruit before Kirby went to Georgia? The kid is a legit qb but I think he is part of an O that our D is best suited to stop.

Honestly, I was terrified of us facing Oklahoma. I think the matchup and our familiarity with Georgia favors us greatly.
Yep, he switched

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The explosiveness is ultimately what has me worried. Missing the RB 5 yards past the line of scrimmage might as well be missing him 30 yards past. Everything else I think our defense can account for
Thankfully our secondary is loaded with speed, so while UGA will get their yards, I'm not sure we'll see the long runs we saw against OU.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Didn’t we have Fromm committed as a recruit before Kirby went to Georgia? The kid is a legit qb but like others have said think he is part of an O that our D is best suited to stop.

I agree. OU would have been a tougher matchup IMO.

Baker Mayfield is the most gifted passing qb in the country. The way he uses his eyes to move the defense and then switch to a second receiver is something that would be hard to prepare for.

I think Fromm is better than Kelly Bryant, but nowhere near the eliteness of Mayfield.

FWIW, if OU ever could develop a defense, with a similar offense, they'd be a terror to face.

squib

1st Team
Sep 24, 2005
Assuming you mean Stidham, he was recruited and plays as a dual-threat QB. He doesn't have the running ability of Bryant or Hurts, but roughly 20% of the time (that he doesn't hand the ball off) he runs with it.
He has about 50 more yards total rushing than does Tua. Let that sink in. Then come back and tell me he is a runner with 153 yards for the 2017 season.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Straight up Michael Vick when it fits the narrative.
I think that Stidham is more like a Stephen Garcia QB. He moves very well in and out of the pocket, which extends plays. But he is not a true running QB (at least, he has not been in college). But Fromm is not very elusive. Sure, he has his moments, but that is not his game.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I was talking about Stidham. It was alluded to in this thread that he was a dual threat QB
To be clear, he was in HS and probably would be in college in some systems. So far he has not really become so in college.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.