Eeyores please leave the forum now.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I was talking about Stidham. It was alluded to in this thread that he was a dual threat QB
It wasn't alluded, I stated it. That's what he was recruited as and that's the offense they run at both he schools he has played at. Whether he runs often or not isn't the issue - he has the wheels and the ability to beat you with his legs.

Fromm does not.

Not sure how it's hard to understand how that changes the defensive approach.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Fromm as a runner is serviceable, he is for all intents and purposes a game manager much like Greg McElroy. So far he appears to play within his limitations, not making the big mistakes although that might not be enough if our defense resembles last night's defense. Which makes Jennings health for the game such a big deal.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Fromm as a runner is serviceable, he is for all intents and purposes a game manager much like Greg McElroy.
I think that's a fair comparison from what I've seen so far, and perfectly highlights my point - Bama hasn't been beaten by a 'game manager' QB in a decade. Every team that's beaten Bama in the last 10 years has done it with superior QB play.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
He has about 50 more yards total rushing than does Tua. Let that sink in. Then come back and tell me he is a runner with 153 yards for the 2017 season.
Dual threat qb or not is irrelevant. The defense that was on the field in the Iron Bowl was a mash unit. The defensive unit JawJa will be facing is an entirely different animal than the one Stidham faced. That alone makes the two bad comparisons.

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama
The problem I have in the game threads is when you do voice a concern or an opinion, if it does not agree with the majority, you are labeled an eeyore and that ruins the thread for me. It goes both ways when it is not necessarily true. Everything that happens in a game or in life is not all roses. Sometimes those rose thorns poke you hard. Many people in today’s world cannot handle when someone disagrees with them or expresses an opposite opinion. They just do not want to deal with the truth. Rant over - hope everyone has a good day and enjoys the victory.
There's more Coaches here than whats in the NFL .

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.