The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly..... Clemson Style!

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
The Good- Defense, Defense, Defense..... and Kudos to the offensive line

The Bad- I still don't like our playcalling on offense! But you gotta dance with the one that brung ya!!!

The Ugly- All the naysayers and chicken littles leading up to this game.

Roll Tide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The Good - Defense - OMG, what a defense!
The Bad - What could possibly be bad about a game like that. Some things could be better, but nothing was bad.
The Ugly - The way that Alabama is going to destroy Georgia next week. Fromm may not survive that game.

FThomas

1st Team
Oct 18, 2011
The Good- Defense played incredibly and a NOT; kickoff team pinning Clemson deep consistently; offense controlling time of possession; a victory and in the championship again. Well done team!
The Bad- missed plays on offense left points on the board; dropped pass on the first possession; penalty on 1st and goal inside the 5 yard line; missed flea-flicker; lineman down field all killed drives and scoring opportunities;
The Ugly- injuries to Cotton and Jennings; the playcalling on the last two offensive drives where we were trying roll out passes instead of bleeding the clock; this team is built for the offense to control possession to keep the defense rested and score as it can.

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
Good: Defense came to play

Bad: Offensive production. Some folks on here don’t want to hear that but I thought we could have executed better on that side.

Ugly: Clemson looked like they didn’t come to play

“#17 in route...”

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
The Good- Defense, Defense, Defense..... and Kudos to the offensive line

The Bad- I still don't like our playcalling on offense! But you gotta dance with the one that brung ya!!!

The Ugly- All the naysayers and chicken littles leading up to this game.

Roll Tide
rather than repeat your post word for word, I will just say ditto.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The Good - Defense - OMG, what a defense!
The Bad - What could possibly be bad about a game like that. Some things could be better, but nothing was bad.
The Ugly - The way that Alabama is going to destroy Georgia next week. Fromm may not survive that game.
Perfect. RTR

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Good: Solid all around effort, seeing the team rise up for the challenge and respond to adversity
Bad: injuries (hopefully not too Bad tho)
Ugly: props to the Big Uglies getting after it on the D line :)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Clemson quite possibly watched too much espn this month.
Alabama is just that good, but Clemson's defense absolutely came to play. Their defense is legit, and the reason that Alabama struggled at times on offense. Georgia's defense is legit, too. But it won't matter - Alabama's defense is better.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
The Good- Defense played incredibly and a NOT; kickoff team pinning Clemson deep consistently; offense controlling time of possession; a victory and in the championship again. Well done team!
The Bad- missed plays on offense left points on the board; dropped pass on the first possession; penalty on 1st and goal inside the 5 yard line; missed flea-flicker; lineman down field all killed drives and scoring opportunities;
The Ugly- injuries to Cotton and Jennings; the playcalling on the last two offensive drives where we were trying roll out passes instead of bleeding the clock; this team is built for the offense to control possession to keep the defense rested and score as it can.
I agree with these. Roll Tide!

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
My good, bad, and ugly have already been said. Just re-read the thread.

I will add a "Cherry on top" column: Auburns fans in my area got to see their team lose and then follow that up by watching Georgia and Alabama play their way to the title game. The looks on their faces was absolutely priceless.

And in the "Special Moron" Column: Danny Kannel. No, Danny, Auburn was not the best team in the SEC, stop it already.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Good- Defense, Da’Ron Payne touchdown

Bad-some playcalling and execution on offense; Saban getting run over by Jalen

Ugly- injuries to Cotton and Jennings. We really need them, especially Anfernee Jennings for the Georgia game

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
GOOD... Defense wins games... ;)
BAD...... More injuries.
UGLY...... Announcers.
Lately we seem to have announcers from ESPN who are Pro anyone playing us.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Good - Great D getting back into winning a championship.

"Bad"- As in bad, bad D not taking prisoners. And Saban a bad, bad dude saying of his resiliency on the "hit" from Hurts "I'm fine - they don't make 'em like they used to."

Ugly - DaBullHead (Daboll) and his myopic playcalling. Did not go unnoticed by Saban, so let's see where he (DaBullhead) goes with his work in the NCG.

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
Actually it was the final three offensive drives. Daboll was still wanting to throw downfield with Jalen. That is not his strength. Find out what you do good and stick with that. We did not FINISH the game on offense like we should have. Looks like the butt chewing that Daboll got from Saban may fix that issue next time.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
People act like that’s the first time Saban yelled at Daboll. Trust me, it’s just the first one we’ve seen.

The dude’s first season. I think he’s done well. Look where we are

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.