Any word on Jennings' injury yet? (update: he's done for the season)

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Re: Any word on Jennings' injury yet?

Consider him done. If he plays we’ll be pleasantly surprised. Looking at the slo mo it appears to be a severe hyper extension. Your leg ain’t supposed to bend that way.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Who steps up to take his place ? Mosley ?
Realistically, it means more reps for Lewis and Miller. That should not be a problem in this game as Georgia does not go fast.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

Exactly a player who is not 100% can actually hamper the productivity of the team by giving up a play in a critical situation.
It's pretty likely FSU and this game are the only ones he played at anything close to 100%. He's been dinged all year and the way he played last night was drastically more explosive than we've seen this year.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

Realistically, it means more reps for Lewis and Miller. That should not be a problem in this game as Georgia does not go fast.
Those guys and Mosley will have to step their game up. Not saying we are going to get shredded like Oklahoma's defense did but the linebackers will have a totally different challenge than what they faced against Clemson. I was shocked at how bad the Clemson O line was. Alabama's front (Payne, Davis and Buggs) utterly dominated.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Those guys and Mosley will have to step their game up. Not saying we are going to get shredded like Oklahoma's defense did but the linebackers will have a totally different challenge than what they faced against Clemson. I was shocked at how bad the Clemson O line was.
Don't think they were that bad but our D-line was that good. Credit needs to be given where credit is due.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

Don't think they were that bad but our D-line was that good. Credit needs to be given where credit is due.
I agree that Alabama was awesome on defense last night. Can they repeat that performance against Georgia ? That's the question. I just don't want a true freshman QB beating us.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO

I thought maybe it wasn't as bad since I thought I remember him looking at the camera on the sidelines after the injury and cheesing at the camera.

Hoping the crutches are just there to give his leg a rest for a few days and he'll be good next week.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

The way our D-line has been playing I honestly expect run defense to work like 2015. You want to run outside? You aren't going to bounce out on our DB's AND Wilson and Evans - too fast. The inside is so nasty that they can probably 2-gap them just like 2015.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

mostly agree - with the caveat that we might play more the true 3-4 alignment against UGA than most other teams, so Miller would be SAM, Lewis at Jack. Mosley is an option to give Miller a breather if needed, but we'll have to have Cowan/Allen/? provide some reps for Lewis at Jack and as an edge pass rusher in the nickel and dime packages if Jennings can't go. Mosley is ok at SAM, but just doesn't provide much in the pass rush department.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

mostly agree - with the caveat that we might play more the true 3-4 alignment against UGA than most other teams, so Miller would be SAM, Lewis at Jack. Mosley is an option to give Miller a breather if needed, but we'll have to have Cowan/Allen/? provide some reps for Lewis at Jack and as an edge pass rusher in the nickel and dime packages if Jennings can't go. Mosley is ok at SAM, but just doesn't provide much in the pass rush department.
How about Davis? I know that Ben has not played a lot, but he seems to be a great option on pass rush plays.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

How about Davis? I know that Ben has not played a lot, but he seems to be a great option on pass rush plays.
Not sure why Ben Davis dosen't play more. He is a physical stud. It just makes me wonder why the coaches are so apprehensive about playing him. At some point, they may not have a choice.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

If any medical staff can get a guy ready, it’s this one. Praying for speedy recovery.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.