Any word on Jennings' injury yet? (update: he's done for the season)

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Re: Any word on Jennings' injury yet?

As often as people ask where Ben Davis is you'd think he was the titular character in Wells' "The Invisible Man"
I can only assume Davis hasnt seen time due to maybe not grasping the defensive schemes / roles. I have to believe if he could contribute substantially, he would play

ohiotide14

1st Team
Jan 3, 2012
Youngstown, OH

I'd be shocked if he's good to play. Don't muller and Lewis play on field together in certain pass situations? I believe Mosley will fill in. Mosley is not as athletically gifted, but is a smart on field guy

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

I can only assume Davis hasnt seen time due to maybe not grasping the defensive schemes / roles. I have to believe if he could contribute substantially, he would play
I agree - it's either concept issues or maturity issues. He's got the physical talent to compete - or at least he should from the high-school tape I watched. For him to not even be in the 3 deep in his 2nd year means there is something very very wrong.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

I'd be shocked if he's good to play. Don't muller and Lewis play on field together in certain pass situations? I believe Mosley will fill in. Mosley is not as athletically gifted, but is a smart on field guy
We use two OLBs in the 3-4, one of the nickel packages and one of the dime packages, although this year we've mixed it up a lot, using more ILBs as rushers with since we had so many OLBs out

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006

Ben is a RSFr. It takes some players time to develop. He still needs to get bigger and stronger and pick up the defense better.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama

Just one of those freak plays. Hate it for him.

Cotton’s injury didn’t look severe to me when it happened. What exactly is his injury?

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there

Just one of those freak plays. Hate it for him.

Cotton’s injury didn’t look severe to me when it happened. What exactly is his injury?
Not sure but I was hearing several reporters today say they thought Cotton's injury may be more severe which is odd when you look at the severity on tape but then again, that doesn't always reflect the extent of damage or lack of

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn

Hate for anybody to get injuries but I really hated for Alfernee to get injured because he was having a great semi-champ game. Kid was after it.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

Ben is a RSFr. It takes some players time to develop. He still needs to get bigger and stronger and pick up the defense better.
depends - if he plays ILB, he doesn't need to get any bigger. Outside, yes, probably needs to add at least 20-25 pounds.

I still have to wonder though, with all the injuries we had to LBs, many who were playing on special teams, Davis didn't even get special teams reps. It just feels like something else must be going on. maybe that injury from last year holding him back still...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

BTW, Saban said in the presser today that Jennings would be covered by Lewis, Miller and Mosley if he cannot play. Mosley was on the field for the rest of the game once Jennings went out with the injury.

ohiotide14

1st Team
Jan 3, 2012
Youngstown, OH

I'm assuming if there was a tear in the knee they would've had a good idea on the field or after an MRI today...so in this case no news is good news. That being said this looks like a severe knee sprain

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

I'm assuming if there was a tear in the knee they would've had a good idea on the field or after an MRI today...so in this case no news is good news. That being said this looks like a severe knee sprain
we need to sic this guy on it all week

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

With the ACL and PCL, they can generally tell with a couple of field tests. The LCL and MCL (side ligaments) are different. There can be a partial tear and it won't show up until an MRI. Those ligaments are seldom completely parted, or it would have been obvious. They are also very robust and hard to completely tear. The main problem is inflammation and it would be difficult to get that under control enough for him to play in a week. However, they work medical miracles these days...

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

BTW, Saban said in the presser today that Jennings would be covered by Lewis, Miller and Mosley if he cannot play. Mosley was on the field for the rest of the game once Jennings went out with the injury.
May I take from this that his playing has not been completely ruled out?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

May I take from this that his playing has not been completely ruled out?
You know Saban - he waits for the medical team to answer those questions. We will probably know sometime tomorrow.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.