Any word on Jennings' injury yet? (update: he's done for the season)

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Re: Any word on Jennings' injury yet?

Realistically, it means more reps for Lewis and Miller. That should not be a problem in this game as Georgia does not go fast.
Disagree. Jennings's size and ability to hold the edge against power plays will/would be even more important against a team like Jawga.

Now we feel the loss of L Ray even more.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

Disagree. Jennings's size and ability to hold the edge against power plays will/would be even more important against a team like Jawga.

Now we feel the loss of L Ray even more.
I think Ray was available last night. Just didn't need him.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

Yeah I'm thinking Ray will be able to go
I saw him dressed out with his helmet on. Maybe we see him this week. Would love to see Ben Davis get a shot, too. We need all the help we can get at linebacker.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

I saw him dressed out with his helmet on. Maybe we see him this week. Would love to see Ben Davis get a shot, too. We need all the help we can get at linebacker.
We all hope that Ben goes on to have a fine career. But several other linebackers on the three-deep will have to be hurt in practice, miss the plane or join the priesthood for him to see the field Monday night.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

We all hope that Ben goes on to have a fine career. But several other linebackers on the three-deep will have to be hurt in practice, miss the plane or join the priesthood for him to see the field Monday night.
Precisely what I've been hearing...

Though not as poetically as you put it... :)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Do we know that he'd take the field if asked? :D

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

The good news is Labryan Ray should be game ready this week. That will help with a big body on the edge.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

The good news is Labryan Ray should be game ready this week. That will help with a big body on the edge.
Yep. Huge news. Ray was really a difference maker when he had his chances earlier on in the year. We'll need him next week.

bamawind

Scout Team
Sep 23, 2006

Someone please explain to me what Jennings was doing in the game three minutes later. I saw him on the sideline bandits in his hand rub before we went back and that was ridiculous.

bamawind

Scout Team
Sep 23, 2006

I meant on the sideline having his hand bandaged with three minutes to play. We didn’t need him in the game.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

That sucks after having the game of your life. Let’s hope his replacement will have a great game as well.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Someone please explain to me what Jennings was doing in the game three minutes later. I saw him on the sideline bandits in his hand rub before we went back and that was ridiculous.
Yeah, his hand was wrapped the entire game, but he seemed to hurt it earlier in that drive. But the entire first team defense was still in that game for a reason - that Clemson offense is very dangerous when it gets going. When that drive started, Saban was putting his foot on their throat instead of letting them up.

Injuries happen.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

I meant on the sideline having his hand bandaged with three minutes to play. We didn’t need him in the game.
Yeah, his hand was wrapped the entire game, but he seemed to hurt it earlier in that drive. But the entire first team defense was still in that game for a reason - that Clemson offense is very dangerous when it gets going. When that drive started, Saban was putting his foot on their throat instead of letting them up.

Injuries happen.
This is true but we also had our entire starting offense in on the last drive with ~2 minutes left just to run out the clock. Seems crazy to have all the starters out there and D Harris running a meaningless play that any of the starters could tweak an ankle on or something else. Injuries can happen anytime - best example was A Averett twisting his knee getting off the bus - but we could do a better job of limiting our starters to exposure to injury during the game..

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

This is true but we also had our entire starting offense in on the last drive with ~2 minutes left just to run out the clock. Seems crazy to have all the starters out there and D Harris running a meaningless play that any of the starters could tweak an ankle on or something else. Injuries can happen anytime - best example was A Averett twisting his knee getting off the bus - but we could do a better job of limiting our starters to exposure to injury during the game..
I also twitched once or twice when I saw DH run the ball that aggressively at the end of the game. Glad that he didn't get hurt. But I that is totally different than the Jennings thing.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.