Any word on Jennings' injury yet? (update: he's done for the season)

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Re: Any word on Jennings' injury yet?

I also twitched once or twice when I saw DH run the ball that aggressively at the end of the game. Glad that he didn't get hurt. But I that is totally different than the Jennings thing.
I don't understand why we didn't take a knee those 3 plays. They had no timeouts. We were going to run out the clock no matter what, but instead we ran DH three times. Like you, I was holding my breath after knowing we'd lost Cotton and Jennings already.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
So Jennings had surgery and another MRI scheduled for Friday. Anybody see what the damage was?

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
I saw earlier on Sports Center where they had that clown Marty Smith in Tuscaloosa discussing our injuries. It makes me want to puke. That's all the media talks about. Never anything positive.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I saw earlier on Sports Center where they had that clown Marty Smith in Tuscaloosa discussing our injuries. It makes me want to puke. That's all the media talks about. Never anything positive.
agreed. but when you're Alabama and having the GOAT as the coach, they have to harp on something. of course, they pick on the negatives. I don't let it bother me. just turn the channel or lower the volume.

BigJTide

3rd Team
Jan 1, 2018
So Jennings had surgery and another MRI scheduled for Friday. Anybody see what the damage was?
The 2nd MRI seems odd to me. I'm no Doctor but makes you wonder if he had to get something done immediately (vascular or something) and then the next MRI to focus more on ligament damage or something.

Last edited:

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

That sucks after having the game of your life. Let’s hope his replacement will have a great game as well.
It seems like this happens a lot with Bama players. Having the game of their career/season and then have a catastrophic injury. I’m not talking about just this season either. Seems like it happens regularly and is a strange coincidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

It seems like this happens a lot with Bama players. Having the game of their career/season and then have a catastrophic injury. I’m not talking about just this season either. Seems like it happens regularly and is a strange coincidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
More than just here...but we tend to know about ours more than others. Jalen Smith ring a bell? When great athletes let it all hang out they can move too fast for their bone/tendon structure...that's my belief anyway.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

Let's just pray that we have some guys step up and fill the role admirably on Monday.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

Interesting they have Hootie listed as questionable. TBH, I liked the speed and instensity that Deointe Thompson brought in the Clemson game.
He's a better athlete and has far better ball skills.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Ray is a DE and Anfernee is a Jack so he will not replace him. Lewis and Mosley will replace him. We do ask our DE's to set the edge at times when there is no LB on the LOS.
Ray took reps with the OLBs earlier in the year when we were really thin at the spot as did Hand, so I think in some packages and down/distance combinations it's possible we could use one of them in place of an OLB. Otherwise it'll be Lewis and Miller getting most of the reps. A couple of times against clemson we stood hand up on the edge more like an OLB already. I think we'd be limited in our ability to check into other calls as I don't think we'd want Hand or Ray dropping into coverage much, but if we know we are likely just rushing 4 guys in a package, or need a edge set against the run without dropping the OLB, one of those guys could certainly do the job. Other OLB's like Cowan and Allen could help fill in as rabbit rushers. Mosley will provide some reps as a breather to other guys, but he's not shown the same level of explosiveness as the other OLBs have.

BigJTide

3rd Team
Jan 1, 2018
Any update since his surgery on how serious Jennings injury was? How long is he expected to be out for?

Bama-94-00

All-American
Nov 1, 2004
Huntsville/Madison, AL area
I expect even better play from Anfernee Jennings next season.

We should remember the players that came back from injury when they could have taken a medical redshirt year. Terrell Lewis is at one that did this, at least.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.