Link: Re-Watch The Clemson Game Here With No Commercials - Just Plays

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
A lot has been made about missing open receivers. One example was the eventual TD to Ridley. For those who played or/coach, does the LB playing the middle block Hurts’s view explaining why he initially missed seeing Ridley?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
A lot has been made about missing open receivers. One example was the eventual TD to Ridley. For those who played or/coach, does the LB playing the middle block Hurts’s view explaining why he initially missed seeing Ridley?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, that play is well designed the depth of the receiver (Ridley) is far beyond that lane that the lb occupies. It was just under thrown

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
At 14:40 there is play where #73 is called for illegal man downfield. Just watching and pausing at that point, I do not think Jonah was over 3 yards from the line when the ball was released. Does anyone know if the rule was changed? because if not I think Jonah got a bad flag.
Jonah wasn’t past the 3 yard limit. We got screwed. Cost us points.
The irony that we're seemingly the only team that get's penalized for that call is to much..

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Alabama left points on the field and the defense really brought the lumber to Clemson's offensive line. I'm obviously pleased that we won, but the great thing is that we can play so much better. Hopefully we can get better and have a better overall performance on Monday.

InsaneMustang

1st Team
Jul 30, 2001
My 2 cents

#14 played a great game since it was his first start. Not to mention he was solid on kickoff coverage as well.

Special teams kickoff coverage was on point

Rashad Evans is under-rated in his pass coverage

Diggs did a solid job of field punts

Tony Brown's chit chatting is almost out of hand, hJKope he doesn't cost the team yards at some point

The outside pitch play needs to leave the playbook. With Jalen as a running threat, that play should always be an outside QB play w/ the option to pitch. As a wrinkle, we could add in a fake pitch, long throw on this.

The play at 6:52 in the first is a solid play (we lined up incorrectly). But what I saw was the chance to re-run that play and pass the ball over the top to Ridley is wide open.

The disguised blitzes from the Clemson Defense were incredibly well designed and perfectly timed, at times.

Jalen needs to be better aware of what side of the hashes he is on if he's going to try to roll out to extend a play.

We played defense like we were daring Bryant to try to throw it over our heads. Safeties were up at the line of scrimmage, or close quite a bit.

JK's kickoffs were great. And his punts were too.

The flea-flicker was beautiful, but the underthrow was badddd.

Bo just could not really get going. He just didn't have any room to get started.

The defensive pressure was on-point from the get go. Made Bryant uncomfortable from the first snap and that led to the second half turnovers.

Minkah didn't have a ton in the terms of the stats sheet, but he was there all night. His coverage of that #13 when lined up with him, made sure that CNS wasn't going to let him beat us again. He also missed a tackle or two, but the ability to make a containment type of play was big.

Clemson's biggest weakness was their OL. Our push on them was great all night.

Why some of our key starters were still in the game so late is mind blowing to me. The game was in control. Jennings injury was a direct result of being in there when he didn't need to be. At 7/8 minutes left in the 4th the game seemed in control to me.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
One more thought I just had (re-watching the game a 3rd time now)

The way the game played out was essentially set from the very 1st kickoff. Literally.

Scott kicks off and the returner decides to take it out of the end-zone and gets drilled at the 15 yd line instead of coming out to the 25. Clemson does nothing with it and has to punt but they are so backed up that the punt (kicked from the 5 yd line) barely makes it to the Alabama 45 yd line - thus setting up the field position domination we would go on to have for most of the game.

The tone was set from kick.
Looks like you and I watched it exactly the same. I was NEVER nervous in this game after Clemson's first drive. The score could have been something ridiculous if we wanted it to be. We didn't need it to be. Why take stupid risks if you don't have to? Why do the fans who criticize Jalen's stats not understand this?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
My 2 cents

The outside pitch play needs to leave the playbook. With Jalen as a running threat, that play should always be an outside QB play w/ the option to pitch. As a wrinkle, we could add in a fake pitch, long throw on this.
We have a pass play off the toss. It's how Jeudy scored in the Iron Bowl.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.