Link: Re-Watch The Clemson Game Here With No Commercials - Just Plays

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Here is a Youtube upload that has the game compressed down to 35 minutes with just the plays - no timeouts, no commercials, no reviews, no garbage.

I find the way the team played becomes MUCH clearer after watching these edits. What are your thoughts after seeing the gam play out in this format?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Few things that stood out the most:

-OL played angry and Cotton was easily the best lineman out there.
-Jalen missed few receivers, here and there, but made plays when needed.
-Daboll playcalling was much better, and still had bonehead moments here and there, but overall, I'm pleased.
- I feel like scores should be 34-3.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Few things that stood out the most:

-OL played angry and Cotton was easily the best lineman out there.
-Jalen missed few receivers, here and there, but made plays when needed.
-Daboll playcalling was much better, and still had bonehead moments here and there, but overall, I'm pleased.
- I feel like scores should be 34-3.
We just didn't finish drives like we should have. Running outside was not really an option.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I didn't know why he would do something like that, but I guess he wanted to test the defense, but why though. We did run outside with some success in second half.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I didn't know why he would do something like that, but I guess he wanted to test the defense, but why though. We did run outside with some success in second half.
Clemson's defense had played too much ball at that point. Like our defense last year they started to wear out because we were stuffing their offense. The wings got a little weaker but no by much, their DB's were physical and closed quickly as did their OLB's.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
- Bo's vision is not good
- Raekwon Davis played a great game....not a stat line...but did his job over and over.
- Bryant's athleticism is the only reason they scored at all.
- Hurts missed 2 gives on read plays (one was the fumble)
- Our secondary is fast
- After sustained drives by our offense, our DL plays lights out. Payne/Hand especially need that little extra time to breathe.
- Clemson's first drive of 4th quarter- he did not make that first down. and Terrell Lewis will have nightmares about missing that pick-6.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
One more thought I just had (re-watching the game a 3rd time now)

The way the game played out was essentially set from the very 1st kickoff. Literally.

Scott kicks off and the returner decides to take it out of the end-zone and gets drilled at the 15 yd line instead of coming out to the 25. Clemson does nothing with it and has to punt but they are so backed up that the punt (kicked from the 5 yd line) barely makes it to the Alabama 45 yd line - thus setting up the field position domination we would go on to have for most of the game.

The tone was set from kick.

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
1. We did a good job game planning for Clemson
2. Hurts actually played well, if not for a PI on Foster and the miss on the flea flicker we score 35-38 points
3. Clemson never looked like they were in the game from the beginning

“#17 in route...”

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
- Bo's vision is not good
- Raekwon Davis played a great game....not a stat line...but did his job over and over.
- Bryant's athleticism is the only reason they scored at all.
- Hurts missed 2 gives on read plays (one was the fumble)
- Our secondary is fast
- After sustained drives by our offense, our DL plays lights out. Payne/Hand especially need that little extra time to breathe.
- Clemson's first drive of 4th quarter- he did not make that first down. and Terrell Lewis will have nightmares about missing that pick-6.
After rewatching, I have exactly the same opinion as on my first watch, and it is completely in line with RTO's post here.

The defense played a spectacular game. Davis was a beast. #14 did a great job filling in at safety. #30 had a great game filling in for SDH. Evans is the fastest linebacker I've ever seen; he's an unbelievable freak athlete that was able to show his talent after finally getting time to heal. I still can't believe Wallace is a walk on. Jennings needs to be okay next week, because he played great too.

The offense was exactly the same as it's been all year... Im not going to pile on negatives after a big win but just saying our passing is still our weak link. Thank goodness we could run it against their loaded box.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I can tell you what I took away from watching it the second time. We will absolutely miss #33. He was unblockable and created opportunities for other guys on the line and forced the QB to hurry up many times. I hope someone can step-up and play half as well as Jennings played last night. I really hate it for him and Cotton. It always stinks to be injured, but being injured when playing so well is even worse.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
With a few hurry up exceptions, Bama Offense took its time, milking play clock & keeping clemson offense & Bama D off the field. Much smarter pace than last year.
This is because Kiff is not the one running the offense. Even at that, Saban got exercised at Daboll for passing late...

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
1. Harris
2. HarrisHarrisHarris
3. Clemson dropped/missed a few short passes that really hurt them.
4. I realize that everyone didn't have a five-star outing, but no one really stunk it up, either.

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005
Well, leaving at least 10 points on the field and missing 2 or was it 3 near interceptions made the game look closer than it was. I watched Bo and the Clemson D closely this re-watch. It seemed early on they were keying on Bo since he almost beat them last year until he went down.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Well, leaving at least 10 points on the field and missing 2 or was it 3 near interceptions made the game look closer than it was. I watched Bo and the Clemson D closely this re-watch. It seemed early on they were keying on Bo since he almost beat them last year until he went down.
Perhaps he would have had more success as a decoy? I don't blame them for focusing on him.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
At 14:40 there is play where #73 is called for illegal man downfield. Just watching and pausing at that point, I do not think Jonah was over 3 yards from the line when the ball was released. Does anyone know if the rule was changed? because if not I think Jonah got a bad flag.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.