Politics: Midterm elections catch-all thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Re: 2018 midterm elections catch-all thread

I'm right there with those people and I'm doing the same thing. I do kind of wonder how long it took them to find those 6 people because around here, around the people I know, I think I'm the only republican who is switching. It's not that all the people I know love Trump, they just hate Democrats more and are sick and tired of the insults/ridicule coming from the left.

I fear that we are about to witness a repeat of what happened in the 2016 election. Democratic numbers are up and polls are suggesting things my move back in that direction come election day but, I think many Republicans are staying quiet but will come out in full force. All the news outlets will be in shock again when the results start appearing. Democrats are not learning their lesson, Trump was elected because the right was energized and tired of being insulted and ridiculed by the left. The same thing is happening again, I hear it from people I know and I fear that things will not change now or in 2020.
And the one thing you don’t mention (and few others do) is us Independents. And it’s sad, too, because we are between a quarter and a third of the voters. And the lean from this group will decide the election (just like in 16) and I guarantee you we ain’t leaning towards Trump.
Many who voted for Trump were anti-Hillary voters. They won’t vote for ANY Republican in a few weeks.
Trump didn’t even get the most votes in 16. He’ll get less in 20. He hasn’t made any converts to speak of, and he’s lost a bunch.
It all starts on Nov.6th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

Yes, but if you point out how dumb and self-defeating that is, you're only making them vote harder.

This is a better reason to vote dem in a few weeks:

Pelosi: Dems would start with campaign finance reform if they take House

Just have to hold her to it.
Good luck with that. Her personal wealth (like many in Congress) has increased dramatically since she’s been in office. She has no vested interest in serious campaign finance reform.

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North

And the one thing you don’t mention (and few others do) is us Independents. And it’s sad, too, because we are between a quarter and a third of the voters. And the lean from this group will decide the election (just like in 16) and I guarantee you we ain’t leaning towards Trump.
Many who voted for Trump were anti-Hillary voters. They won’t vote for ANY Republican in a few weeks.
Trump didn’t even get the most votes in 16. He’ll get less in 20. He hasn’t made any converts to speak of, and he’s lost a bunch.
It all starts on Nov.6th.

It will be interesting to see what happens if the blue wave doesn't come. I have 3 family members who voted for Hillary who are now very much Pro-Trump around the family dinner table. The hilarious thing is that they are still publicly yellow-dog Dems. Of course, nobody knows what happens when they are in that voting booth.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

It will be interesting to see what happens if the blue wave doesn't come. I have 3 family members who voted for Hillary who are now very much Pro-Trump around the family dinner table. The hilarious thing is that they are still publicly yellow-dog Dems. Of course, nobody knows what happens when they are in that voting booth.
I can point out countless national Republicans who voted for Trump who are no longer Republicans. Your anecdotal family situation is virtually meaningless, in the grand scheme of themes.
I know what’s going to happen in the House races, and it ain’t good for your party (or Trump - all we need are his tax returns). The Senate is still too close to call - but when this goes mainstream, watch what happens with the Grey voters...

https://apple.news/Aw6YArRcvRIyxRsHlJILD7g

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005

We shall see but, we've heard this before from both sides. Their tune always seems to change when they get the power.
Good luck with that. Her personal wealth (like many in Congress) has increased dramatically since she’s been in office. She has no vested interest in serious campaign finance reform.
I'm honestly surprised she even said it. But you know the GOP won't move on this, so the two options in November are "nope" and "maybe." And if they don't honor their promise, primary them. It's been a while since things functioned 'round these parts, but I think that's how the system is supposed to work.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

I'm honestly surprised she even said it. But you know the GOP won't move on this, so the two options in November are "nope" and "maybe." And if they don't honor their promise, primary them. It's been a while since things functioned 'round these parts, but I think that's how the system is supposed to work.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Witches like Pelosi can’t be primaried - her cauldron brew has cast a spell on her constituents that won’t be broken until the (fill in the word) dies or retires. I don’t think the latter will happen because she thinks she’s the second coming of Joan of Arc.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

This and the journalist’s butchering will be the Repuke’s undoing, finally.
This midterm IS about Trump - midterms almost always are, no matter how much Trump whines to the contrary. People (some of the previously blind) are now realizing what a slime ball he is. He thinks he’s special - he’s special, alright.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

This and the journalist’s butchering will be the Repuke’s undoing, finally.
This midterm IS about Trump - midterms almost always are, no matter how much Trump whines to the contrary. People (some of the previously blind) are now realizing what a slime ball he is. He thinks he’s special - he’s special, alright.

i think you have more faith in the people of our country than i do.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Nick Saban appears in political ad for U.S. Senator, childhood friend

yet another libtard ;)

Nick Saban is among three West Virginia sports legends who appear in a political ad for United States Senator Joe Manchin.

The Alabama football coach has been public about his friendship with the Democrat who was previously the governor of West Virginia. Basketball icon Jerry West and West Virginia basketball coach Bob Huggins also appear in the spot.

The 30-second ad begins with Saban in a green golf shirt.

"Joe and I grew up together in West Virginia and he never forgets where he came from," Saban said.

A few shots later, Saban returns.

"I don't have a better friend or know a better person than Joe Manchin," he said.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

i think you have more faith in the people of our country than i do.
I do - because Trump has peed on the press before, but not tacitly condoning one of them being butchered by his “friend”. This is where the rubber hits the road; we’re going to find out how many people will support him if he “shoots someone in cold blood on Fifth Avenue”. What he’s doing by still supporting Salman is actually worse.
He’ll keep his violent core but he’s going to lose members of Congress, and more than a few IMO.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

I do - because Trump has peed on the press before, but not tacitly condoning one of them being butchered by his “friend”. This is where the rubber hits the road; we’re going to find out how many people will support him if he “shoots someone in cold blood on Fifth Avenue”. What he’s doing by still supporting Salman is actually worse.
He’ll keep his violent core but he’s going to lose members of Congress, and more than a few IMO.

yeah i hope we will see some push back. but i just continue to see otherwise seemingly decent folks going all in on the racism, misogyny, reactionary nationalism, etc to support this filth.

but what it comes down to is that mango mussolini is not the problem, he is a symptom. he is just providing the masses with what they want and they seem to be pretty psyched about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.