Politics: Midterm elections catch-all thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Re: 2018 midterm elections catch-all thread

unfortunately, this type of behavior seems to be paying dividends
I guess when the man in the white house is a racist, it enables these people. This president has dumbed down so many areas of our country it's hard to keep up. I've never seen the power of fear used in an election like it is now. I really dread 2020.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

I guess when the man in the white house is a racist, it enables these people. This president has dumbed down so many areas of our country it's hard to keep up. I've never seen the power of fear used in an election like it is now. I really dread 2020.
we saw the early ground being laid for this in the 2002, 2004, 2010 and 2014 elections.

what trump did was "mainstreaming" saying the soft parts out loud (this was already being done on talk radio, blogs, etc) and the conservative choir joined right in.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

I’m going to do something I haven’t done since the very first time I voted: I’m voting straight party ticket for Dems. I’m doing it for only one reason: Trump. Every Republican running (probably everywhere, but I know in Alabama) supports Trump. I will not give my vote - or anything except derision- to anyone who supports that evil, puerile sociopath. Period.
As for the other items on the ballot, I honestly haven’t examined them closely, so I’m not sure how I’ll be voting on them yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

I’m going to do something I haven’t done since the very first time I voted: I’m voting straight party ticket for Dems. I’m doing it for only one reason: Trump. Every Republican running (probably everywhere, but I know in Alabama) supports Trump. I will not give my vote - or anything except derision- to anyone who supports that evil, puerile sociopath. Period.
As for the other items on the ballot, I honestly haven’t examined them closely, so I’m not sure how I’ll be voting on them yet.

but all his supporters want is for our country to be a better place where everyone is kind and civil to everyone

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

I have never done that since I started voting. But I will also be doing the same thing. Unless there is a complete and total shakeup of the Republican party they have pretty much lost my votes for life. It'll be Independent or Democrat. They aren't fit to govern and their ideas and actions are anathema to any form of functioning Democracy or free society.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

Speaking of anathema to any form of functionining Democracy or free society.

https://www.kansas.com/latest-news/article220286260.html

WICHITA, KAN.
Access to the ballot box in November will be more difficult for some people in Dodge City, where Hispanics now make up 60 percent of its population and have remade an iconic Wild West town that once was the destination of cowboys and buffalo hunters who frequented the Long Branch Saloon.

But the city located 160 miles (257 kilometers) west of Wichita has only one polling site for its 27,000 residents. Since 2002, the lone site was at the civic center just blocks from the local country club — in the wealthy, white part of town. For this November’s election, local officials have moved it outside the city limits to a facility more than a mile from the nearest bus stop, citing road construction that blocked the previous site.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

I have never done that since I started voting. But I will also be doing the same thing. Unless there is a complete and total shakeup of the Republican party they have pretty much lost my votes for life. It'll be Independent or Democrat. They aren't fit to govern and their ideas and actions are anathema to any form of functioning Democracy or free society.
i reached this point after w's election and the subsequent 2002 election

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Speaking of anathema to any form of functionining Democracy or free society.

https://www.kansas.com/latest-news/article220286260.html
Lyft Partners With Voto Latino to Help Get Dodge City Voters to the Polls

Less than a week after the sole polling place in Dodge City, Kansas was moved outside city limits, corporate sponsors are pledging to help voters get to the polls.
So on Sunday, Latino activist group Voto Latino announced that it was partnering with Lyft to help bring Dodge City voters to their new polling place. ...
Voto Latino said Steve Madden and Johnnie Walker were also sponsoring the rides, along with additional funds being raised through Act Blue.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017

As for the other items on the ballot, I honestly haven’t examined them closely, so I’m not sure how I’ll be voting on them yet. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a family member running for State Representative as a Republican. It caused me to think about the question of whether or not I would vote for someone based on a personal relationship. I came down on the side of not believing that he is intellectually capable of understanding Republican objectives to subvert the principal of one man one vote and other of the basic principals of our Constitution. For some years I have voted Democratic and this time will refuse to cast a vote for any Republican.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

I have a family member running for State Representative as a Republican. It caused me to think about the question of whether or not I would vote for someone based on a personal relationship. I came down on the side of not believing that he is intellectually capable of understanding Republican objectives to subvert the principal of one man one vote and other of the basic principals of our Constitution. For some years I have voted Democratic and this time will refuse to cast a vote for any Republican.
It’s really sad - I have basically severed 90% of my ties to most of my siblings. My problem is they’re Trump supporters (to varying degrees), most of them claim to be devout Catholics and that’s an abomination IMO.
The one who doesn’t claim to be anything but barely Christian is, sadly, evil; he’s not ignorant, just loaded with hate and he’s been that way his whole life.
None of us is perfect; we all fail. But to proclaim a belief structure that you KNOW you have no intention of adhering to, and make no attempt to do so, is evil.
I don’t need that in what’s left of my life.

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-poll-anger/americans-anger-may-help-democrats-in-nov-6-vote-reuters-ipsos-poll-idUSKCN1MY18T
Americans' anger may help Democrats in Nov. 6 vote: Reuters/Ipsos poll

Here is an excerpt from the article that I found disturbing. The rabid screaming from the extremes of both sides is annoying.

‘CIVIL WAR’In Arizona and other states with competitive races, voters interviewed by Reuters bemoaned rampant partisan anger. Many said it makes them more eager to vote.Tim Leatherby, 57, a former Marine, said he was concerned the country was plunging toward a “civil war.”“I did my time in the fight and I don’t want to fight again here,” said Leatherby, who said he would vote for Republican Martha McSally in Arizona’s Senate race, one of the key battles that will decide control of that chamber.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Outstanding!

What I like is:
1) You are voting
2) You have a reason (or reasons) for choosing candidates
3) You are passionate

I wish everyone was engaged as much, regardless of who they vote for.

Thank you!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-poll-anger/americans-anger-may-help-democrats-in-nov-6-vote-reuters-ipsos-poll-idUSKCN1MY18T
Americans' anger may help Democrats in Nov. 6 vote: Reuters/Ipsos poll

Here is an excerpt from the article that I found disturbing. The rabid screaming from the extremes of both sides is annoying.

‘CIVIL WAR’In Arizona and other states with competitive races, voters interviewed by Reuters bemoaned rampant partisan anger. Many said it makes them more eager to vote.Tim Leatherby, 57, a former Marine, said he was concerned the country was plunging toward a “civil war.”“I did my time in the fight and I don’t want to fight again here,” said Leatherby, who said he would vote for Republican Martha McSally in Arizona’s Senate race, one of the key battles that will decide control of that chamber.
conservatives have been spewing this "civil war" b.s. since obama was first elected. they just can't help but vote for sociopaths if those mean old democrats dont keep quiet and know their place.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Been longer than that. How old are you? Charlie Daniels sang about the South Rising Again long before Obama ;)
yeah, i know about the yahoo neo-confederates, i grew up around them. a bunch more of them came out of the woodwork when obama was elected.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

yeah, i know about the yahoo neo-confederates, i grew up around them. a bunch more of them came out of the woodwork when obama was elected.
Ya'llQaeda started recruiting very heavily once they had a dark-skinned scapegoat in the Oval office.

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North

Ya'llQaeda started recruiting very heavily once they had a dark-skinned scapegoat in the Oval office.
I agree. But to be fair, Obama missed a golden opportunity in my opinion. I agreed with him on some positions, not so much on others, but one thing I was hopeful for was that he could bring us together. When he won in '08, even some of my most die hard republican friends thought he was going to be good for race relations.

Then the Trayvon, Michael Brown, Henry Gates, etc. cases came along and the narrative turned into Obama vs. the white judicial system. And whether by word or inaction, Obama did nothing to try and change the narrative.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

And these goobers think Trump is on their side. It would be hysterically funny if it weren’t so incredibly stupid.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

I agree. But to be fair, Obama missed a golden opportunity in my opinion. I agreed with him on some positions, not so much on others, but one thing I was hopeful for was that he could bring us together. When he won in '08, even some of my most die hard republican friends thought he was going to be good for race relations.

Then the Trayvon, Michael Brown, Henry Gates, etc. cases came along and the narrative turned into Obama vs. the white judicial system. And whether by word or inaction, Obama did nothing to try and change the narrative.
what would you have had him do to "change the narrative"?

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017

what would you have had him do to "change the narrative"?
Mitch Mcconnell and Donald Trump had quite a lot to do with creating the narrative! Seems to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.