Politics: Midterm elections catch-all thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Re: 2018 midterm elections catch-all thread

Mitch Mcconnell and Donald Trump had quite a lot to do with creating the narrative! Seems to me!
the same with all of the totally not a racist folks that sent around watermelon jokes and pictures of obama with a bone through his nose. or the ones that called him the "welfare president". etc.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017

the same with all of the totally not a racist folks that sent around watermelon jokes and pictures of obama with a bone through his nose. or the ones that called him the "welfare president". etc.
Without naming names I could see where some of the erstwhile participants on here found all of that to be innocent fun! One can sort of see it with the ongoing derision of Elizabeth Warren! Again in the interest of innocent fun!

I found it interesting to see that Elizabeth Warren managed to climb from her lower middle class roots in Oklahoma to become a professor of law at The University of Texas and Harvard University and is considered to be an expert in the field of bankruptcy law.

All of this to be referred to as Pocahontas by our bigot in Chief whose daddy gave him over $200 Million in order to become a big shot!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Without naming names I could see where some of the erstwhile participants on here found all of that to be innocent fun! One can sort of see it with the ongoing derision of Elizabeth Warren! Again in the interest of innocent fun!

I found it interesting to see that Elizabeth Warren managed to climb from her lower middle class roots in Oklahoma to become a professor of law at The University of Texas and Harvard University and is considered to be an expert in the field of bankruptcy law.

All of this to be referred to as Pocahontas by our bigot in Chief whose daddy gave him over $200 Million in order to become a big shot!
clinton and obama came from relatively humble roots. they are elite

yesterday on her show, princess megyn kelly got very concerned about why it's bad to dress in black face and couldn't understand why it is such a big deal. i was a big fan of al roker until he had to rock the boat and speak up about it today.

Last edited:

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North

what would you have had him do to "change the narrative"?
Instead of referring to a cop as stupid for arresting a black man in a case of mistaken identity, maybe say "unfortunate, but mistakes happen."

In addition to my son would have looked like Trayvon, if you are going to make it racial, maybe reiterate that it was a black person shot by a hispanic person, and it was a hispanic person acquitted, not a white person.

Maybe instead of simply condemning the police for Michael Brown, maybe at least throw in there that Michael Brown shouldn't have been out robbing stores in the first place.

You don't have to agree, but in my opinion, he could have done down a lot more to unify and bring together. If he would have done that, Trump would still be making TV shows

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Instead of referring to a cop as stupid for arresting a black man in a case of mistaken identity, maybe say "unfortunate, but mistakes happen."

In addition to my son would have looked like Trayvon, if you are going to make it racial, maybe reiterate that it was a black person shot by a hispanic person, and it was a hispanic person acquitted, not a white person.

Maybe instead of simply condemning the police for Michael Brown, maybe at least throw in there that Michael Brown shouldn't have been out robbing stores in the first place.

You don't have to agree, but in my opinion, he could have done down a lot more to unify and bring together. If he would have done that, Trump would still be making TV shows
the cop was being stupid.

i thought he was perfectly reasonable in all of his responses to these other situations.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

The only Republicans I voted for were Marshall for AG because I didn’t want to support Siegleman’s son (sins of the father, unfair but oh well) and for my state Senator. The only reason I voted for him was because everyone on my community Facebook page was against him in the primary. I think most of them are idiots, so I voted for him just to go against them. The guy they supported came across as a tea party nutbag to me.

Plus he got mad at me when I called him out for saying he voted for Roy Moore. He had claimed to be for “law and order” (he is a cop) and I asked why he supported the guy who was kicked off the bench twice for not following the law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

And these goobers think Trump is on their side. It would be hysterically funny if it weren’t so incredibly stupid.

When Trump called Sessions a dumb Alabama lawyer, I think that was showing what he thinks about his base in general. Can you imagine the reaction if Obama had said that?

He is an elitist New Yorker, looking down his nose at the great unwashed. And his base continues to lick his boots.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

I am strictly neutral and think both sides are incompetent and incapable of solving the country’s problems. On top of that I will not be voting. That being said, here is what I think will happen on election night:

In Alabama, Ivy will beat Maddox by 25/30 points

In Ga, Kemp will beat Abrams in a close contest

Dems will take control of Congress by winning 25-35 seats and will immediately introduce articles of impeachment within one week

Gillum will win Florida

Republicans will tighten hold on US senate by picking up 2-3 members

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

I am strictly neutral and think both sides are incompetent and incapable of solving the country’s problems. On top of that I will not be voting. That being said, here is what I think will happen on election night:

In Alabama, Ivy will beat Maddox by 25/30 points

In Ga, Kemp will beat Abrams in a close contest

Dems will take control of Congress by winning 25-35 seats and will immediately introduce articles of impeachment within one week

Gillum will win Florida

Republicans will tighten hold on US senate by picking up 2-3 members
I agree with everything but the Ivey prediction. I’m in regular contact with hard core Trumpers who won’t vote for her; I firmly believe at least one or two of them used to wear white hoods.
They hate women more than they hate Dems, in this case.
She might win but it will be by under 10%, if at all.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

After seeing several of the exchanges in the debate it was clear that Desantis was way over matched by Gillum and knew it right away. He became very unsettled with the barrage he was undergoing!
hey now, the clothes fit desantis and he knows all of the wing nut greatest hits by heart

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005

Hey guys, isn't privatization awesome?

But seriously, this needs to be fixed. Voting without a paper trail is just too dangerous (see: Georgia).

I Bought Used Voting Machines on eBay for $100 Apiece. What I Found Was Alarming

In 2016, I bought two voting machines online for less than $100 apiece. I didn't even have to search the dark web. I found them on eBay.

If getting voting machines delivered to my door was shockingly easy, getting inside them proved to be simpler still. The tamper-proof screws didn’t work, all the computing equipment was still intact, and the hard drives had not been wiped. The information I found on the drives, including candidates, precincts, and the number of votes cast on the machine, were not encrypted. Worse, the “Property Of” government labels were still attached, meaning someone had sold government property filled with voter information and location data online, at a low cost, with no consequences...

I was able to access the file structure and operating system. Since the machines were not wiped after they were used in the 2012 presidential election, I got a great deal of insight into how the machines store the votes that were cast on them. Within hours, I was able to change the candidates' names to be that of anyone I wanted. When the machine printed out the official record for the votes that were cast, it showed that the candidate's name I invented had received the most votes on that particular machine.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Early voting for our county (Volusia) runs Sept. 27-Nov. 4, and I do intend to participate.

I have the sample ballot in hand and it's huge! I will start penciling in my selections over the next couple days.

Feels good to be part of the process....proud to be an American!

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Early voting for our county (Volusia) runs Sept. 27-Nov. 4, and I do intend to participate.

I have the sample ballot in hand and it's huge! I will start penciling in my selections over the next couple days.

Feels good to be part of the process....proud to be an American!
I wish we had early voting in Alabama. I did vote early, but it was absentee. I had to drive 20 miles and fill out a form. Big hassle. The worst part is they don’t even count absentee unless there are enough of them and the regular vote is close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.