Politics: Midterm elections catch-all thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Re: 2018 midterm elections catch-all thread

I do - because Trump has peed on the press before, but not tacitly condoning one of them being butchered by his “friend”. This is where the rubber hits the road; we’re going to find out how many people will support him if he “shoots someone in cold blood on Fifth Avenue”. What he’s doing by still supporting Salman is actually worse.
He’ll keep his violent core but he’s going to lose members of Congress, and more than a few IMO.
Between 35 and 40%:frown:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

92....What are those photographs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

this is what i keep thinking when i hear all of the pining for a "centrist" third party
Take away abortion and from what I’ve seen, they are center-right.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

yeah i hope we will see some push back. but i just continue to see otherwise seemingly decent folks going all in on the racism, misogyny, reactionary nationalism, etc to support this filth.

but what it comes down to is that mango mussolini is not the problem, he is a symptom. he is just providing the masses with what they want and they seem to be pretty psyched about that.
Where we disagree is that after this, I’m pretty sure “the masses” doesn’t mean what you think it means.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

lester maddox.

but he totally wasn't a racist or segregationist, he was just passionate about private property rights.
Which he guarded mostly wearing a white robe and hood.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

My wife and I early voted yesterday around 11AM. If the crowd we were in yesterday is any indication of the eventual turnout nationwide then it could be some sort of midterm record. Lots of old, white, MAGA Trump folks at the polls though.

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North

With 25 signatures required to run as a Republican, Democrat, or Independent, and 33,844 required to run as a 3rd Party, Libertarians across the state have decided to seek the office of Governor running on a shared platform: “make elections free and equal.”

Will a 3rd party ever have a legit chance under our current political system? Should it?

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

One thing that I’ve learned in 50 plus years{especially after 2016}when it comes to politics and elections—Expect the unexpected.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

I voted absentee today. I doubt anyone cares, but here goes.

Governor-Maddox. Mainly because Ivey endorsed Roy Moore while believing he dated underage girls. And she is a senile old bag.

Lt. Gov-Whoever the Democrat was. Ainsworth’s primary ad was him saying what a great Christian he is and waving his Bible.

Atty General-Steve Marshall. Not going with Siegleman’s son.

Sec of State-Woman running against Merrill.

Auditor-Woman running against Ziegler.

Chief Justice-Vance

US House-I am in Mike Rogers’ district and voted against him.

Both Democrats for PSC.

Voted No on amendments 3 and 4 and “Hell no” on 1 and 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.