News Article: Alabama-Clemson, Round IV? Bring it on

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Click here

I know we are mostly focused on UGA now but Dabo's comments stick out to me. While I am enjoying and have enjoyed the Saban era immensely I have to admit it would be even more fun if we had a consistent threat each year. It's already unprecedented that we have played 3 times with a NC too.

"Everybody's talking about the trilogy like someone's fixin' to die or something," Swinney said Monday after the Sugar Bowl. "We'll be back. They'll be back. We'll have more of these."

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Fisher just left the ACC, and Louisville is about to lose Jackson. Who will they lose a game to next year?

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
syracuse?
Haha, good one. Miami seems to be at least a threat, and FSU will still have plenty of talent. Plus, as we know and teams like UCF need to learn, when you play in a major conference, all it takes is one week of sub-par play for any other team to beat you. I'm guessing Clemson's conference opponents all circle the Clemson game on their calendars like SEC teams circle Bama. Coaches these days know that a few big wins can get you a huge contract even without any championships.

Last edited:

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Fisher just left the ACC, and Louisville is about to lose Jackson. Who will they lose a game to next year?
Yea, my thought as well. Plus Bryant should get better throwing the ball and it doesn't look like their Defense will have a big drop off any time soon. This could be fun.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
His QB will need to improve vastly next year for them to be in it. If I'm an ACC DC I'm watching last night's game and figuring out how they stopped Dabos offense.

LankyMcAllister

Nov 30, 2017
Playing any Clemson team minus a Deshaun Watson-type player is perfectly fine with me. Players like him are the ones that keep your blood pressure sky-high throughout the entire game.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Yea, my thought as well. Plus Bryant should get better throwing the ball and it doesn't look like their Defense will have a big drop off any time soon. This could be fun.
If Bryant doesn't improve on his throwing there is the strong possibility that Trevor Lawrence from Cartersville High will give some serious competition to him and to the backups already there, even as a true freshman. I am not sure if he just enrolled at Clemson or is waiting until the summer, but that kid is smart and can throw the ball.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
If Bryant doesn't improve on his throwing there is the strong possibility that Trevor Lawrence from Cartersville High will give some serious competition to him and to the backups already there, even as a true freshman. I am not sure if he just enrolled at Clemson or is waiting until the summer, but that kid is smart and can throw the ball.
I suspect he will be the starter by about the third or fourth game next year. If he's half as good as touted he will supplant Bryant at some point.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I suspect he will be the starter by about the third or fourth game next year. If he's half as good as touted he will supplant Bryant at some point.
I live less than 30 minutes from his school so I read all the local news about him. I watched him play on TV twice. My friend coaches there at that school. You are right, I expect him to do good things at Clemson. I wish he'd chosen Bama though.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Here is to him being as great a QB as Jeremy Johnson was out of high school. All talk of his ability with little on the field results.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
We could very well play Clemson again. I can also see an Alabama-Georgia II,III, and IV since it appears both teams are going to dominate the SEC for the foreseeable future.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.