Link: Good SI article on our starting QB Jalen

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I think our defense a nd running game can beat almost any team with only a little help from the passing game. The most important stat for Hurts this season is interceptions thrown and he has done remarkably with only ONE interception in thirteen games.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
Love this quote:

“I'm not one to critique (Jalen),” Jonah Williams continued, “and I understand offense better than 99.99999% of the people watching.”

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Thanks...there's a least 20 posters here who need to read this...LOL.
And there are many more who need to read and internalize Jonah Williams' quote specifically.

So many people here argue as if they know more than the coaches - it would be humorous if it weren't so ridiculous.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Pretty good article. Hurts played well enough to win and he has the ability to play well enough to beat Georgia (assuming the team around him plays well). I have been pretty critical of him (and probably will continue to be) but he has made some plays that he deserves more credit for this year. I'm glad that we have been able to have a mostly mild discussion about him.(seriously this is very mild if you compare it to what is going on elsewhere).

Just a few issues with the article though

"Committing not a single turnover" But he fumbled didn't he?

Also, our OL played well but how in the world do QB hurries work because they definitely had a few.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Dude seriously???
Maybe I should have said this guy "reads" Tidefans.

I've seen more than one article in the last several weeks that referenced discussions we've had right here and at times almost seemed to have some quotes verbatim.

Now, granted, we are talking about what other cites are talking about too and these debates are all over the interwebs but "if I was a betting man" I'd bet some of these sports writers lurk on our board.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Pretty good article. Hurts played well enough to win and he has the ability to play well enough to beat Georgia (assuming the team around him plays well). I have been pretty critical of him (and probably will continue to be) but he has made some plays that he deserves more credit for this year. I'm glad that we have been able to have a mostly mild discussion about him.(seriously this is very mild if you compare it to what is going on elsewhere).

Just a few issues with the article though

"Committing not a single turnover" But he fumbled didn't he?

Also, our OL played well but how in the world do QB hurries work because they definitely had a few.
Yes - that fumble was on Jalen. He held the ball too long and then tried to push it to harris.

I'd agree somewhat about the hurries comment. There were a couple times I thought he was truly flushed out, but in a lot of cases it was the typical Jalen MO where he he flushed himself out of the pocket before the pressure was really there and he probably had another count or two before he'd really have been pressured.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Yes - that fumble was on Jalen. He held the ball too long and then tried to push it to harris.

I'd agree somewhat about the hurries comment. There were a couple times I thought he was truly flushed out, but in a lot of cases it was the typical Jalen MO where he he flushed himself out of the pocket before the pressure was really there and he probably had another count or two before he'd really have been pressured.
Got news for 'em - anytime Hurts bails is a quarterback hurry and, for better or worse, a dead-end play 99% of the time...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.